5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker impedance

St Pete Ron

Reaction score
I just bought a new 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn and it has the 6 speaker system in it. I know these questions have been asked before and I have been confused on the answers as they are all over about the speakers. If someone could be helpful and tell me what the ohms are for the dash, front door and rear door I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just bought a new 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn and it has the 6 speaker system in it. I know these questions have been asked before and I have been confused on the answers as they are all over about the speakers. If someone could be helpful and tell me what the ohms are for the dash, front door and rear door I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
8 ohm dash 2 ohm in all doors, front doors are wired parallel with the dash, so actual impedance for the front circuit is 1.6 ohms with 25% of the power going to the dash and the remainder to the door

Reaction score
8 ohm dash 2 ohm in all doors, front doors are wired parallel with the dash, so actual impedance for the front circuit is 1.6 ohms with 25% of the power going to the dash and the remainder to the door
This might be a dumb question, but what can I do about this other than rewiring the speakers in series? I have an aftermarket amp that requires 4ohms of resistance. Thanks!
-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread