5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spark plug change on eTorque

Kidder

Reaction score
I owned a 2011 Hemi and changing the spark plugs was the only reason I wanted to burn the truck to the ground. 16 spark plugs is bad enough but the last four near the brake booster makes me say lots of four letter words (and yes, I use swivel extensions, etc). I do not miss this on my 16 Cummins!

Anyway, with the eTorque module I wonder how difficult it will be to get to the spark plugs? I haven't researched the Hemi much lately but I assume it still uses 16 spark plugs.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes but they good for 100000 miles(160000km) so you won't have to do it as often;).The 2011 was probably every 30000 miles

Buscg1

Reaction score
I was looking at my 5.7 yesterday (non etorque) and it sits so far back in the engine bay I was imagining what it would take to do a plug change,

Kidder

Reaction score
I was looking at my 5.7 yesterday (non etorque) and it sits so far back in the engine bay I was imagining what it would take to do a plug change,

The back four by the brake booster are a total PITA.

I'm glad to hear there are extended replacement intervals versus my 2011 Hemi.

bravo1

Reaction score
I am guessing new extensions length's with a certain swivel joint and a special socket that will go into the cylinder hole without hitting the side's of the plug wall giving a running torque to fool you into thinking the plug has been torqued.

Users who are viewing this thread