5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spare tire

raven_DT

Reaction score
Took a peak at the spare tire tonight. Bridgestones on the truck...Goodyear as a spare. Never seen that before. Could be worse they could all be Firestones...

whetrick1

Reaction score
Took a peak at the spare tire tonight. Bridgestones on the truck...Goodyear as a spare. Never seen that before. Could be worse they could all be Firestones...

I'd rather have a Firestone than a Goodyear tire that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klute

Reaction score
I have Nexans with Firestone temp spare. FCA just sources the least expensive rubber they can find.

I prefer the Bridgestones. I have had them on previous 2 trucks and have gotten great wear/performance from them.

Last edited:

whetrick1

Reaction score
I have Nexans with Firestone temp spare. FCA just sources the least expensive rubber they can find.

I prefer the Bridgestones. I have had them on previous 2 trucks and have gotten great wear/performance from them.

All automotive companies get the cheapest tires to put on their cars and trucks.

raven_DT

Reaction score
1. Once opon a time I bought Bridgestones over Michelin based on performance v. value. I cant say that Ive been that impressed with Bridgestone since they were acquired by Firestone. Last 5 sets of tires Ive purchased have all been Michelins with zero regrets.
2. The 2019 F150 that i almost bought instead of the ram came with Michelin LT tires...not p rated Bridgestones. So much for saving some cash with the Ram purchase, expect $1000 in tire replacement cost next year.
3. Goodyear v. Firestone...no winner with either of those picks.
4. The OEM Firestone Transforce tires that came on my 17 HD were easily the worst tires I've owned, poor wear and even worse traction.

Klute

Reaction score
1. Once opon a time I bought Bridgestones over Michelin based on performance v. value. I cant say that Ive been that impressed with Bridgestone since they were acquired by Firestone. Last 5 sets of tires Ive purchased have all been Michelins with zero regrets.
2. The 2019 F150 that i almost bought instead of the ram came with Michelin LT tires...not p rated Bridgestones. So much for saving some cash with the Ram purchase, expect $1000 in tire replacement cost next year.
3. Goodyear v. Firestone...no winner with either of those picks.
4. The OEM Firestone Transforce tires that came on my 17 HD were easily the worst tires I've owned, poor wear and even worse traction.
[/QUOTE}

I guess it all depends on what you like Bridgestone Dueller H/L Alenza is my pick hands down. Have had 2 sets on previous 2 Rams and got 80K out of them w/o any problems. Good performance, traction, and wear for $200 per tire mounted and tax cannot be beat IMO. Of course, you need to rotate the tires every 6 to 8K and proper inflation to get good life.

Last edited:

spaightlabs

Reaction score
mine came with Falken Wildpeaks in 275 55 20, spare is a 275 65 18, same tire...just put new shoes on in 275 65 20, so I've got a 2 inch difference in my spare...no problem unless in 4WD...probs gonna look for a 34 inch spare to put under there to be safe.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mine came with Falken Wildpeaks in 275 55 20, spare is a 275 65 18, same tire...just put new shoes on in 275 65 20, so I've got a 2 inch difference in my spare...no problem unless in 4WD...probs gonna look for a 34 inch spare to put under there to be safe.

I’m running 275/65/20’s too, ordered a 295/70/18 for my spare, .3” difference in height should be fine.

Kob0583

Reaction score
I have a falken and a alloy but it doesn’t match my rebel rims it looks like it’s for a higher trim, is that normal?

Users who are viewing this thread