5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soon to be part of the ram family

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Soon to be first time Ram truck owner with my custom built 2020 ram rebel.

2020 ram rebel crew cab
Bright white monotone paint
3.0 eco diesel
Equipment group 2
Leather and sound group (Harmon kardon)
Upgraded fuel tank capacity to 33us gallons
Bedliner, tonneau cover, bed lights
Trailer brake controller
And many more options

I do a lot of highway driving to our hunting camp in northern Ontario (1400km each way) and I’m looking forward to the extended range from this combo.

truck was ordered feb 5 and is already out to have the accessories installed. I can’t wait!

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congrats. Pics? Plan on towing anything with it? Reason you chose the ecodiesel?
Let us know what you think of the new version engine, especially power and fuel mileage. Thanks.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I make several trips per year to our hunting camp in northern Ontario, it is about 1400km each way. I figure it’ll take just over one tank of fuel with this engine and fuel tank combo.

I choose the rebel because we drive a lot of unmaintained logging roads in the north and the extra capability should make up for the small loss in fuel economy from the 3.92 and larger tires/lift.

I do tow and enclosed trailer a couple of times per year, with my current 2010 gmc with the 5.3 gas motor I get horrible fuel economy while towing this trailer due to the wind resistance and the need to rev up so much to maintain speed.

I plan on doing a few additions to the truck, such as mud flaps, weathertech mats, window vent visors, bug deflector and 3m ppf on the front quarter panels.

Once I have the truck in my driveway I’ll get some pics posted, maybe even have some from the north if the truck is broken in and ready for the 16 hour drive next month.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for the update! Sounds like a good choice for you.

NC Rebel

Reaction score
Looks like a nice build ! Congrats and welcome to the Ram & Rebel family !

Users who are viewing this thread