5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soon to be 2020 Rebel owner

MaxCarnage

Reaction score
Hello,

Figured I'd start a thread and say hi. If everything works out I'll be taking delivery of a 20' Rebel crew cab this coming Monday. It's bright white with black leather 5.7 with etorque. Rebel 1 package, trailer/tow group, leather package, 12" screen with nav, 9 speakers w/ sub, and remote start.

For awhile I was considering the eco-diesel, but I prefer the sound of the hemi and read a lot of bad reviews about the gen 1 and gen 2 eco-diesel.

I plan on doing some mods to start and some over the course of ownership:
Tint
Ceramic coat and partial PPF (front end)
Rear wheel house liners (I believe the truck doesn't have them, so I'm going to add them, how this is even an option and not standard lol).
Gatorback mud flaps
Mopar off-road running boards
Ram-air CAI
Mopar catback exhaust

Any other worthwhile mod suggestions? I'm not looking for power mods (Doing the CAI/Exhaust for sound preference). Other than that if there is anything important I should be aware of, let me know. Looking forward to owning this truck. I've always been a car guy, but after driving the new 5th gens they are just awesome!

HKJShawabkah

Reaction score
Only thing I can say is enjoy it , I’ve had mine for 3 months now , ripping it in the dessert, on off-road trails and all I can say is wow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skater

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

CarPlay2Air and Hellwig rear sway bar. Two must have upgrades in my opinion; then, of course, there is a tonneau if you plan on keeping any goodies in the bed over night. You may find the Hellwig on Amazon cheaper, but watch shipping costs. It is heavy.

MaxCarnage

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

CarPlay2Air and Hellwig rear sway bar. Two must have upgrades in my opinion; then, of course, there is a tonneau if you plan on keeping any goodies in the bed over night. You may find the Hellwig on Amazon cheaper, but watch shipping costs. It is heavy.

I was likely going to get a Tonneau cover too, just forgot it on the list lol. I'll look into those other mods, thanks!

THEBLU3SER

Reaction score
You're going to love it! Have had my black on black Rebel for 2 months and can't think of life without it! Already put tint and Borla ATAK exhaust on it. Have Mopar CAI on the way. Enjoy it!

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if yours will have LED interior lights but that's definitely an upgrade I'm glad I did. Its inexpensive too!

ocguy73

Reaction score
Hello,

Figured I'd start a thread and say hi. If everything works out I'll be taking delivery of a 20' Rebel crew cab this coming Monday. It's bright white with black leather 5.7 with etorque. Rebel 1 package, trailer/tow group, leather package, 12" screen with nav, 9 speakers w/ sub, and remote start.

For awhile I was considering the eco-diesel, but I prefer the sound of the hemi and read a lot of bad reviews about the gen 1 and gen 2 eco-diesel.

I plan on doing some mods to start and some over the course of ownership:
Tint
Ceramic coat and partial PPF (front end)
Rear wheel house liners (I believe the truck doesn't have them, so I'm going to add them, how this is even an option and not standard lol).
Gatorback mud flaps
Mopar off-road running boards
Ram-air CAI
Mopar catback exhaust

Any other worthwhile mod suggestions? I'm not looking for power mods (Doing the CAI/Exhaust for sound preference). Other than that if there is anything important I should be aware of, let me know. Looking forward to owning this truck. I've always been a car guy, but after driving the new 5th gens they are just awesome!

Excellent Choice of Rebel! Congratulations! Worth every penny! I have a bright white Crew cab Rebel 5.7 E torque, and absolutely LOVE it. Really comfortable, quality built truck

Wheeler

Reaction score
Congratulations! If still looking for a Tonneau cover hit Luke at Truck Alterations. Can't beat his price and customer service.

RT75

Reaction score
Beautiful! I just picked up my rebel as well. I am curious to what coating you went with? Thanks

DeckArtist

Reaction score
Congrats....another Rebel owner! These trucks are very nice and barring my ability to own a TRX, my next truck will be a Rebel also.

MaxCarnage

Reaction score
Congrats....another Rebel owner! These trucks are very nice and barring my ability to own a TRX, my next truck will be a Rebel also.

I looked at a TRX and I could have gotten one eventually (too many mark ups at the time and I won't pay MSRP or above), but decided I wouldn't use it in the dunes like its meant to. Instead decided to split my goals a bit and bought the Rebel and a Can-Am Maverik X3 Turbo for dunes and trails. More suspension travel than the TRX, can fit in smaller areas and much lighter! Plus it's a fraction of the cost. Gives me a new hobby toy to tinker with too. I also prefer turbos over superchargers.

RT75

Reaction score
I went with a company called Ceramic Pro, so whatever product they use. They use Kavaca PPF.
I got my truck back today... looked great... on way home debris hit hood...I am still hoping the dent isnt too bad to take out and only the ppf is all that needs to be replaced

Attachments

• E44A1E1E-73A6-4D71-9B0E-356E0EDE8B23.jpeg
    E44A1E1E-73A6-4D71-9B0E-356E0EDE8B23.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 22
  • EBD15CE5-70E2-4445-90BF-75F8FD42F24A.jpeg
    EBD15CE5-70E2-4445-90BF-75F8FD42F24A.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 23
  • F2503522-9485-4127-84C9-336A7B4F5BBE.jpeg
    F2503522-9485-4127-84C9-336A7B4F5BBE.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 23
  • 71408B57-1331-4DF7-ABEE-881A65625335.jpeg
    71408B57-1331-4DF7-ABEE-881A65625335.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 82DC475D-25C2-404F-8903-D89AD2577D2F.jpeg
    82DC475D-25C2-404F-8903-D89AD2577D2F.jpeg
    240.6 KB · Views: 22

MaxCarnage

Reaction score
A little update and amendment to my top post. After doing some research I've modified my plans a bit.

I've installed the Mopar wheel house liners, a truxedo soft cover for the bed, and I'll be getting in Tyger blade running boards tomorrow. I love Mopar stuff, but can't justify the price half the time when other stuff can be better or the same and a lot cheaper! I have my appointed for tinting this Friday! Likely going 20-25%

The only things left on my list are:
Borla S Type Catback Exhaust (decided against the Mopar)
Ram air CAI (The one Mopar item I really like).

After those two mods I'm leaving the rest of it alone (because I love it as is). Also so I can focus on modding my sxs!

MaxCarnage

Reaction score
I got my truck back today... looked great... on way home debris hit hood...I am still hoping the dent isnt too bad to take out and only the ppf is all that needs to be replaced

The PPF should minimize the damage and it should pop out pretty easy if it is on a flat surface. Black looks amazing! I've always loved black, just hate cleaning it! lol. Ceramic coating will help a ton though! I wasn't sure how much difference it would make with a color like white, but I was impressed it really brings any color out!

Users who are viewing this thread