5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sometimes I question my decision to splurge on a ceramic coat, but then I wash my truck...

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Well why do you question the decision? This is one of those mods I'm on the fence about.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Looks great

I have ceramic on mine, it was a dealer option that after discussion they threw on, otherwise for the $1,000 plus price I would not have gotten it.

i wash and wax mine as needed and a good coat of a quality wax/polish would do the same

I guess if you don’t wax/polish often then the ceramic works.

also remember that a ceramic needs to be refreshed and that is not that cheap.

LessDodgeMoreRam

Reaction score
I’m doing a chrome delete on my my ram and in the process I ended up buying a new bumper. The place I got it painted threw in a ceramic clear coat. A few days after, I drove through a swarm of lovebugs. They were impossible to get off everywhere except my coated bumper. They slid right off. Every couple weeks I wash my truck, and I notice new chips in the paint on the grill and the panels below my headlights. The bumper still looks great. I’ll be investing in a clear coat for the whole truck soon.

Reverse

Reaction score
Well why do you question the decision? This is one of those mods I'm on the fence about.

Well, the cost for one. ceramic coat gets you protection against aging from sun and other environmental factors, easier cleaning and better looks. Nice to have, but I'm still on the fence about the cost/benefit. Honestly, I don't feel getting bug guts off my truck is that much easier than on my non-ceramic coated truck.
I also had everything in front of the cab (hood, fenders, headlights etc.) covered in PPF and that is something I would definitely do again. It has already protected the hood from chips.

LessDodgeMoreRam

Reaction score
Well, the cost for one. ceramic coat gets you protection against aging from sun and other environmental factors, easier cleaning and better looks. Nice to have, but I'm still on the fence about the cost/benefit. Honestly, I don't feel getting bug guts off my truck is that much easier than on my non-ceramic coated truck.
I also had everything in front of the cab (hood, fenders, headlights etc.) covered in PPF and that is something I would definitely do again. It has already protected the hood from chips.

Haven’t heard of PPF. Sounds worth looking into. All I know is I need some sort of paint protection. Wax doesn’t seem to be doing enough.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Has anyone done both yet? PPF the leading edges and then ceramic coat the truck? Seems that is the ultimate paint protection.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I correct the Defects then ceramic coat my Challanger however for the Rebel I’m going to stick with wax due to the fact it’s easier to fix after that ****ty time a tree or something gives you the scratches off roading.
28249100-D5FE-4A58-A52C-192AAB15E17C.jpeg
also it took me 18 hrs taking my time but lasted 5 years which is amazing but this cars a garage queen that doesn’t even see rain. The truck it needs to get me places.
9FACCBC1-E8E6-4070-8893-1AEF56A7203F.jpeg

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone done both yet? PPF the leading edges and then ceramic coat the truck? Seems that is the ultimate paint protection.
The car has ppf gotta put it on prior to ceramic or it won’t stick properly

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. My truck has full PPF front end and hood, and then is coated with Cquartz pro.

Attachments

• 20200713_174111.jpg
    20200713_174111.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 43

aram

Reaction score
Yes. My truck has full PPF front end and hood, and then is coated with Cquartz pro.

Truck looks great!

I just had mine coated last week and it is so much easier to wash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread