5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something BIG is coming

Nate4x4

Reaction score
The vehicle shown shown in that clip looks quite like a Plymouth Cuda Hemi.

8c0d8da2f68cb3f5d2ee766a608e3090.jpg ha, ha...

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They sell the shaker hood for the new challenger and durango.

It looks a little liket he hood on the 6bbl roadrunner and 6 pack super bee. Except it isn't all balck.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
https://moparinsiders.com/mopar-teases-new-create-engine-before-sema-debut/

Think it just part of Crate Hemi adding more to their retro packages. They have setups to put all of the new generation Hemis in old iron.

Funny, when I think about common knowledge...lots of people noticed the hellcat prints...but very few knew what stamped on them.

The Elephant engine...lots of people did the bore on 6.1 l Hemi to get the 426...I think this will be a 426 engine...and to start the hype for the 7.0l we are about to see fromthe factory

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Exactly. I'm hoping this is a debut, in crate form, of the engine that may be in the upcoming TR. Typically the crate is after the production version, like they did with the hellcrate and 6.4 apache crate. Based on the sound at idle, i would not expect it to be exactly the motor the TR would have though.

I would do everything possible to afford a NA 426 hemi in a 4x4 ram truck. Curious if it is a bored 6.4 or how they decide to do it. I'm fortunate that my father picked up a 69 roadrunner with the 426 in the 80s when they were dirt cheap, so the elephant is close to my heart.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. I'm hoping this is a debut, in crate form, of the engine that may be in the upcoming TR. Typically the crate is after the production version, like they did with the hellcrate and 6.4 apache crate. Based on the sound at idle, i would not expect it to be exactly the motor the TR would have though.

I would do everything possible to afford a NA 426 hemi in a 4x4 ram truck. Curious if it is a bored 6.4 or how they decide to do it. I'm fortunate that my father picked up a 69 roadrunner with the 426 in the 80s when they were dirt cheap, so the elephant is close to my heart.
With the EcoBoost raptor motor going in the limited ford... this is coming to the masses...Ram is hellbent on being the best, and this is definitely where they are lacking right now...in horsepower bragging rights.

Dodge has no issue with the bragging rights right now...they will share with Ram...but according to the rumors...Ram gets this gem first.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
That's why i was so interested when we saw the limited Ram test mule with reportedly a non-supercharged V8 and the smaller lift. I think it is in direct response to the HO 3.5 limited F150, and my be something we see in a pre-TR/TRX Ram 1500 limited truck, hopefully next year.

I would expect most TR/TRX mules to be in bighorn trucks, like we've seen a few of.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
It is also a great way to force Fords hand. They can't get much more out of the 3.5 ecoboost...so if they want to offer comparable, reliable, consistent HP/TQ to compete with what Ram will be bringing to the table soon (and already has in the hellcats), they'll have to switch back to V8 power as their premium truck engine, which makes them contradict themselves a little in the F150

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Evil Mopar Fan in me keeps hoping for a regular cab shortbed 2wd and a upgrade Awd with the Banshee and...a tremec 6 speed manual...that would be a Ram SRT 10 killer, and many other "sports cars".

Of course the 8spd auto will be faster...but clutch and shift...smiles per gallon

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
  • Total of 14 customized vehicles to be displayed in brand's 15,345-square-foot SEMA Show exhibit
  • Slate of activities at Mopar display includes panel discussions and Dodge Challenger SRT Demon simulator races with NHRA stars Matt Hagan and Leah Pritchett
  • More Mopar news on tap for brand's SEMA press briefing at 7:26 p.m. ET/4:26 p.m. PT on Tuesday, October 30
Notice the time...the elephant is coming.

Users who are viewing this thread