5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some may say I went to the Dark Side

AbitaPro

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I suppose I’ve been a member on the Forums for about a month now. Excuse me for the late introduction.

I’m in Louisiana, and have been a Ford guy for as long as I can remember. Well I did have a 72 Dodge Charger, the green hornet. I thought I had bought my last truck, a 2013 Ford Platinum. Last since I retired and especially since Ford changed their Trucks in 2015, I knew I would never buy another, unless it was a used 2013 or 2014. My Platinum was nice and had low miles, then my Son brought home a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie; and I took a ride. That was all it took to get me thinking. His truck was nice and very comfortable to ride. I’m at a point in my life where comfort is important especially for trips requiring lots of seat time. Honestly there was no comparison between the two trucks. The 2019 Ram is just in a completely different league, compared to the new Ford F-150’s, GMC, Chevys and my old Platinum.

The hardest decision was leaving the relationships forged from years of service at my local Ford Dealer. But the comfort for myself and family, ease of entry and exit with the air suspension, etc. and the opportunity to travel in comfort, was a decision I could not afford to pass on. Simply put the 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 with the Off-Road package has opened my life to new adventures.

So Hello to all my fellow Ram owners, I look forward to reading your posts and enjoy the decorum of this Forum .

dsmgsx916

Reaction score
Welcome to the club! I’ve owned quite a few trucks over the years (Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Nissan) so I’m confident in saying that my 2019 Ram Rebel is my favorite one to date. The comfort, interior design, technology, and styling are way ahead of the pack this time around. It’s got a few things that mildly annoy me, but every truck does. Bottom line, it constantly puts a smile on my face when I’m behind the wheel and I consistently catch myself glancing back at her when I park and walk away. Great truck, happy owner.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Same here, long life Ford guy, traded in my 2015 F150 2.7L Ecoboost for my 2019 RAM Rebel.

In the end, the new RAM is the best truck on the market and the deal I got made it impossible not to switch. Honestly, the best truck I've ever owned, and I loved my F150.

But it is a brand new design, and the F150 is the oldest of the big 3, so it isn't suprising how much better the new RAM is compared to everyone else. As a Ford guy, I don't seem myself ever owning a GM truck, luckily they made my choice easy by making one that I have no interest in.

I may end up in the next Gen F150 in a few years, but for now, enjoying every minute of my new RAM.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome!

Congratulations on your new truck! You’re going to love it!!

The new GMC is a nice looking truck. The Chevy is atrocious. The Ford is fine, albeit a little boring (I would only consider the 5.0...I know people like the V6 turbos, but, for me, there’s no replacement for displacement!! And, I just love the sound of a V8). The RAM is, by far, the coolest truck out there right now!!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I suppose I’ve been a member on the Forums for about a month now. Excuse me for the late introduction.

I’m in Louisiana, and have been a Ford guy for as long as I can remember. Well I did have a 72 Dodge Charger, the green hornet. I thought I had bought my last truck, a 2013 Ford Platinum. Last since I retired and especially since Ford changed their Trucks in 2015, I knew I would never buy another, unless it was a used 2013 or 2014. My Platinum was nice and had low miles, then my Son brought home a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie; and I took a ride. That was all it took to get me thinking. His truck was nice and very comfortable to ride. I’m at a point in my life where comfort is important especially for trips requiring lots of seat time. Honestly there was no comparison between the two trucks. The 2019 Ram is just in a completely different league, compared to the new Ford F-150’s, GMC, Chevys and my old Platinum.

The hardest decision was leaving the relationships forged from years of service at my local Ford Dealer. But the comfort for myself and family, ease of entry and exit with the air suspension, etc. and the opportunity to travel in comfort, was a decision I could not afford to pass on. Simply put the 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 with the Off-Road package has opened my life to new adventures.

So Hello to all my fellow Ram owners, I look forward to reading your posts and enjoy the decorum of this Forum .
Welcome to the dark side...
Hope to see some pics of your new truck. Be prepared to spend some money on goodies now that you’re here. Believe me, it never stops... :p

Cheers,

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the site .. I went WITH the "Dodge" group BECAUSE of my local dealers .. So I went back to purchase my current vehicle out-right after the lease and decided to let it go (sad sad sad) to get a new Truck.

Tim N

gisboro

Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride, I've been a dodge fan for a number of years now, and have enjoyed almost every year of been so.

Reaction score
Welcome to the dark side! I’m guessing from your name you’re a fellow Northshore Ram owner.

I was looking at F-150s and went with Ram after significant research. I think I made the right choice.

Justbry

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. The last truck I owned was a 95 Dodge Dakota, traded that for an 01 Wrangler which I had for 18 years. I have had many other alternate vehicles over the years, the 2019 Ram is by far the favorite vehicle I have owned so far.

Users who are viewing this thread