5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some E-Torque Info from Ram

Ram19Va

Reaction score
I purchased my truck today so when it arrives on the lot all they have to do is go over how the truck works and I drive off. After I inspect and test drive it of course.
They give you a email/text linking you to an instructional website with videos about the truck.
Here is some info from that website on the E-Torque:
The engine Stop/Start function can help save fuel and reduce emissions

Stop/Start is enabled after every normal engine start:

• The engine will shut down any time the vehicle comes to a complete stop, if all the system requirements have been met
  • The vehicle must be completely stopped
  • The shifter must be in a forward gear and the brake pedal depressed
  • The system will then stop the engine automatically during a vehicle stop, if these required conditions have been met
  • This may take some getting used to because the engine will shut down, the tachometer will fall to the 0 position and the heater/air conditioning airflow may be reduced
  • Releasing the brake pedal or engaging the throttle pedal will automatically restart the vehicle
When the vehicle is stopped:

• A green icon on the instrument cluster identifies that the Stop/Start feature is active
  • If the vehicle is traveling above 5 mph (8 km/h), a Stop/Start Ready message is displayed if all conditions are met
  • When stopped and the icon is green, a Stop/Start Auto Stop Active message is displayed
  • Using the controls on the left-hand side of the steering wheel, scroll to the Stop/Start page in the instrument cluster Main menu to check on the condition of the system
Prior to engine shutdown, the system will check many safety and comfort conditions:

• If the green icon does not appear when the vehicle comes to a stop, go to the Stop/Start page in the instrument cluster and the system will display the Stop/Start Not Ready condition that is preventing Auto Stop from activating
Examples of conditions where the engine will not stop if:

• The driver’s seat belt is not buckled
  • The driver’s door is not closed
  • Cabin heating or cooling is in progress and an acceptable cabin temperature has not been reached yet
  • The transmission is not in a forward gear
  • The hood is open
  • The battery temperature is too warm or cold, or the battery charge is low
  • The vehicle is on a steep grade
  • The temperature control is set to full defrost mode at a high-blower speed, or it’s set to Max A/C
  • The engine has not reached normal operating temperature
  • The brake pedal is not pressed with sufficient pressure
  • Other factors which can inhibit Autostop include accelerator pedal input, an engine temp that’s too high, the 5 mph (8 km/h) activation threshold not achieved from a previous Autostop, a very sharp steering angle maneuver or if the Adaptive Cruise Control is on and a speed is set
It may be possible for the vehicle to be driven several times without the Stop/Start system going into a Stop/Start Ready state under the more extreme conditions of the items mentioned above:

• The Stop/Start page in the instrument cluster will identify why the system is not ready to activate
  • If there is a problem that requires dealer service, when the vehicle is stopped, a yellow icon is displayed
This is an automatic system, but it can be manually turned off by pushing the Stop/Start switch located in the switch bank:

• A light on the switch will illuminate to indicate the system is turned off
  • Turn the system back on by pushing the switch again. (The light on the switch will go out indicating the system is back in the automatic mode)

andremedeiros

Reaction score
Is it really true that acceleration is lacklustre? I was hoping that, because it's an electrically assisted engine, it would immediately deliver all that torque while it switched the gas guzzler on.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Is it really true that acceleration is lacklustre? I was hoping that, because it's an electrically assisted engine, it would immediately deliver all that torque while it switched the gas guzzler on.
I thought the same until the GM of the dealership that I placed my order with told me.
A - Start stop will help with gas milage.
B - The torque may be only noticed when towing, especially when starting from dead start.

andremedeiros

Reaction score
So what you're saying is if I put it in tow mode, I'll get that neck snapping initial acceleration? :-D

Ram19Va

Reaction score
I have not heard anything yet about lackluster acceleration, but there is a video posted and someone in another thread noted they could still spin tires coming of the line with the system activated.

andremedeiros

Reaction score
I have not heard anything yet about lackluster acceleration, but there is a video posted and someone in another thread noted they could still spin tires coming of the line with the system activated.

This gives me hope. Mine should arrive at the dealer tomorrow!

Lakewake

Reaction score
So what you're saying is if I put it in tow mode, I'll get that neck snapping initial acceleration? :-D
So that’s what I was saying, if you want to snap your neck, why are you buying a 1500?

andremedeiros

Reaction score
So that’s what I was saying, if you want to snap your neck, why are you buying a 1500?

To be fair, it'll do just fine if I throw in a Pedal Commander. A 1500 has more than enough power for my needs (I just really love spirited launches.)

Lakewake

Reaction score
To be fair, it'll do just fine if I throw in a Pedal Commander. A 1500 has more than enough power for my needs (I just really love spirited launches.)
Interesting to see that myself, my 16 had the 6.2, but I will not miss 94 octane

Users who are viewing this thread