5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOLD OUT: 2021 Ram 1500 TRX Launch Edition For The U.S. Market:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All 702 Units Sold In Only 3 Hours...

1597871516748.png

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably at least half were "sold" to dealers where they will be for sale with a fat markup. No worries though; I still have my eyes on a Powerwagon.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But no one is going to buy it. Raptors are a better deal. This is too expensive. The Raptor will be better in 2 months. No one can afford it. Too much money.

Love the internet
Honestly, I'm sure there are a lot of people who can afford and buy the TRX (some that can't afford it will buy it too). The Trackhawks are around 90k to 100k and I see a lot of them around me.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Probably at least half were "sold" to dealers where they will be for sale with a fat markup. No worries though; I still have my eyes on a Powerwagon.

I had a Power Wagon tester for Ram a few weeks back, definitely a good truck, and a lot cheaper than the TRX. However, the fifth-generation Ram cabin is hard to give up.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a Power Wagon tester for Ram a few weeks back, definitely a good truck, and a lot cheaper than the TRX. However, the fifth-generation Ram cabin is hard to give up.

Yeah, the 5th Gen Cabin is pretty amazing. I might make the jump to Powerwagon when the HD trucks get their interior updated.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All 702 Units Sold In Only 3 Hours...

View attachment 65926

Wow.

sdog

Reaction score
Half of those will be on eBay within hours of delivery.

I could have had one but passed in favor of murder, I just can't do the two tone thing, so I guess mine will be worthless within a month.

Plus imo the launch color is ok but nothing exciting. They should have had the foresight to pick a special launch only color that's not available on any other of their vehicles. Tbh the world needs another flat grey vehicle like it needs another virus, and before someone gets salty, I speak from experience cause I'm part of the problem. :(

IMG_4886_zpsm4lijzlg.jpg

Txd33r

Reaction score
Our town dealership was allotted 2, 1 reg trx and one launch edition. My buddy was on a list for purchase so he chose the launch edition 1 and then added accessories.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
As much as I LOVE the TRX...you have to have patience and do your best to hold back on the emotional aspect of wanting this truck. This truck is a major redesign of a stock 1500 Rebel and LOTS has changed related to the frame, suspension, electronics, etc. I would not want to be the guinea pig on this vehicle...way way too much money and they will find many things that need correcting. God Bless those that decide to buy one now...it just won't be me and money isn't the issue ;)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Plus imo the launch color is ok but nothing exciting. They should have had the foresight to pick a special launch only color that's not available on any other of their vehicles. Tbh the world needs another flat grey vehicle like it needs another virus, and before someone gets salty, I speak from experience cause I'm part of the problem. :(
That is one sharp looking Cherokee my friend! I do agree the launch color would not be my choice either.

Juiced6

Reaction score
Half of those will be on eBay within hours of delivery.

I could have had one but passed in favor of murder, I just can't do the two tone thing, so I guess mine will be worthless within a month.

IMG_4886_zpsm4lijzlg.jpg
My BIL had an anvil Jeep. Its a fine color but i would think something like Punk'n/Go Mango or Sublime etc would be used. A loud color. I remember when the 1st Raptor launched it was Lava Orange and it stuck out like a sore thumb and demanded your attention. Anvil just isn't that kind of color.

Tom488

Reaction score
As much as I LOVE the TRX...you have to have patience and do your best to hold back on the emotional aspect of wanting this truck. This truck is a major redesign of a stock 1500 Rebel and LOTS has changed related to the frame, suspension, electronics, etc. I would not want to be the guinea pig on this vehicle...way way too much money and they will find many things that need correcting. God Bless those that decide to buy one now...it just won't be me and money isn't the issue ;)
And the same was said about the 5th gen trucks... all new design, lots of new tech, and not exactly cheap, either (my 2019 stickered for just under $70K). By and large, my 2019 has been trouble-free. I have no reason to believe the TRX will be substantially different.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The TRX is far different than a conventional pick-up. I would like to think you're right. My truck stickered just shy of $70K as well (Loaded Limited with every box checked) and mine has also been trouble-free as well minus some minor annoyances.

AAmes

Reaction score
Well, I have owned Ram/Chrysler/Jeep vehicles for over 30 years. I have loved everyone, and I have never had issues some have commented on. Currently own a 2019 Ram Rebel and love it (it was ordered in the 1st assembly group), and I have had only one issue. It was fixed under a tech bulletin fairly quick. Ordered the TRX (not the launch), so I do not mind being a test guinea pig. I haven't had any issues ordering early in that past. Always remember the TRX is unique, and the cost is similar to buying an RV or boat. You cant rationalize the price. It's a lifestyle choice. Its a choice to spend the money on something that realistically is not practical, but FUN and ENJOYABLE for a season.

Users who are viewing this thread