5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Software updates:

ammdrew

Reaction score
So does anyone have any info on how to tell what we have in our trucks and if and when we should be looking to see if new ones have come out?

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you talking about Uconnect software or the trucks firmware? Latest Uconnect for the 12" is 24.04.19 which you can find by pressing the outside buttons at the bottom of your screen and holding them.

You can check driveuconnect.com for your Uconnect software (next Update supposed to come in the spring)

Engine, emission and transmission updates as needed for issues in the form of recalls and TSB's.

It's been my experience with the Recall and TSB updates that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

uconnectver.jpg

ammdrew

Reaction score
not uconnect.

Some have said mileage improvements with software updates. So that would always be nice.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it's like the Gen 2 engine there may be a performance update but even that is a collection of fixes from customer complaints. Nobody at FCA is actively working on their own to make improvements, they are just fixing problems.

EtherRam

Reaction score
Is there a website that lists TSB and other updates for these trucks? My transmission was acting up and when I brought it in they informed me that there was a transmission update - I had no clue and was never informed.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online