5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snow?

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know how the Bridgestone Dueler H/L tires are in snow? Expecting up to 6 inches tonight (first snow since I got the truck).

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect too much... as highway all seasons, they're marginal at best in snow. With that said, take it slow in 4H and you should be fine.

Last edited:

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn - I will see how it turns out - will have to change them next year if they are that bad lol

MN5241

Reaction score
**** - I will see how it turns out - will have to change them next year if they are that bad lol
Fwiw, we've had 13" in the last week and never felt under confident...But mine will be swapped out for next winter.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fwiw, we've had 13" in the last week and never felt under confident...But mine will be swapped out for next winter.

Assuming your Minnesota by the name. My colleague has an office there he told me you guys are expecting a lot more tonight.

RichInMN

Reaction score
As with most 4WD vehicles, going is easy. On these tires, it's the stopping that's hard - and that's why eventually the Blizzak or XICE or other winter tire becomes if not a necessity, certainly a beneficial purchase.

AndreiV

Reaction score
Just took my truck up mammoth mountain over the weekend in between snow storms. I was very pleased with handling of stock bridgestones tires in 4w high. Was going 55 to 65 mph on the highway completely covered in snow, and with fresh snow falling, no problem. Never had to put chains on, although I had them. Definitely stopping distance, turning while accelerating, and how hard can you brake is what you should lookout for. Allow extra distance and go easy on the acceleration.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info everyone - always good to know before driving it in the snow for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread