5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skid plates

thenrich

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find the fuel cell skid plate? I have the other 3 but can't find the one for the gas tank.

Thank you
-Tom

Ronric

Reaction score
What is the part number for the Steering Gear Skid Plate? I have ordered the Front Suspension and the Transfer case. They are currently being shipped out. I am also waiting for the Fuel Tank.

thenrich

Reaction score
Fuel tank skid I got from the dealer. The other you can all get from Mopar online

fact mechanic

Reaction score
Fuel tank skid I got from the dealer. The other you can all get from Mopar online
Do you have a part number for that? My dealer told me they only had them though 2018 showing on their system and could not guarantee it was the same and would fit my 2019.

psyberai

Clinically Abnormal Attention Paid To This Truck
Reaction score
Let me know if this tracks...I went to buy some skid plates tonight at the dealership. I was told that I should line my truck next to a truck that has the plates installed. This is to ensure that the plates bought will fit. Instinctively, I threw the ******** flag, but upon further discussion, it appears this shop has experienced fitment issues that either caused the customer to wave off the installation or to modify frame fastening points. Even after stating that I have the North Edition which is really just missing the skid plates, he was not moved to slide the fitment probability meter to the right.
Has anyone experienced any fitment issues while installing the Mopar skid plates?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let me know if this tracks...I went to buy some skid plates tonight at the dealership. I was told that I should line my truck next to a truck that has the plates installed. This is to ensure that the plates bought will fit. Instinctively, I threw the ******** flag, but upon further discussion, it appears this shop has experienced fitment issues that either caused the customer to wave off the installation or to modify frame fastening points. Even after stating that I have the North Edition which is really just missing the skid plates, he was not moved to slide the fitment probability meter to the right.
Has anyone experienced any fitment issues while installing the Mopar skid plates?

I don't understand why the factory skid plates wouldn't just bolt in place...And how do you line a truck up next to another one for skid plate fitment? Is he letting you put two trucks on two lifts side by side? I guess this doesn't track for me, lol

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it this one?

I ordered the 33-gal tank and Skid Plates but I don't have the part number yet on my sheet to show for the 33-gal

DISREGARD LINK :: I isn't for the 2019 after I clicked expand.

How about this one :

Last edited:

psyberai

Reaction score
Yea, to be clearer, he said I should talk with the dealership and ask if I could spend some time underneath one on their lot, going back and forth between that one and mine, comparing mounting spots. This is all to ensure that the parts referenced in a bunch of threads here, will mount properly to my specific build. He alluded it is not as easy as it used to be to add parts and in his experience some modifications and fabrication has been necessary in making these work.

He would have ordered anything I wanted but was looking out for me, since I can't return them once delivered. While considerate, at first glance, it just sounds...stupid, which is why I am asking for any real world sanity checks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, to be clearer, he said I should talk with the dealership and ask if I could spend some time underneath one on their lot, going back and forth between that one and mine, comparing mounting spots. This is all to ensure that the parts referenced in a bunch of threads here, will mount properly to my specific build. He alluded it is not as easy as it used to be to add parts and in his experience some modifications and fabrication has been necessary in making these work.

He would have ordered anything I wanted but was looking out for me, since I can't return them once delivered. While considerate, at first glance, it just sounds...stupid, which is why I am asking for any real world sanity checks.

I'd call anther dealerships parts department and see if they sound the same tune. To me, this guy just doesn't want to be held responsible for ordering the wrong parts. If he can't be certain that MOPAR factory accessories are going to install properly on the truck they're meant for, then either there is a HUGE problem with the manufacturing of the parts / truck, OR he's just trying to weasel out of responsibility. Any factory parts specifically designed for their own vehicle(s) that don't fit should be returnable, and if they're not, to me, that's a big red flag.

psyberai

Reaction score
@thenrich - do you have the ORP? If not, have you had any issues installing these skid plates on your rig?

Pallman

Reaction score
I'd call anther dealerships parts department and see if they sound the same tune. To me, this guy just doesn't want to be held responsible for ordering the wrong parts. If he can't be certain that MOPAR factory accessories are going to install properly on the truck they're meant for, then either there is a HUGE problem with the manufacturing of the parts / truck, OR he's just trying to weasel out of responsibility. Any factory parts specifically designed for their own vehicle(s) that don't fit should be returnable, and if they're not, to me, that's a big red flag.
I ordered a Front Skid Plate from Mopar. They confirmed the number that I gave them and it DID NOT FIT! I called them and they sent a prepaid return shipment label immediately.
End of story.

psyberai

Reaction score
I ordered a Front Skid Plate from Mopar. They confirmed the number that I gave them and it DID NOT FIT! I called them and they sent a prepaid return shipment label immediately.
End of story.
End of story...Fargo reference?

Good info and thanks for feeding it back.

Mike5113RAM

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread