5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SiriusXM Guardian service renewal attempt...

LV426

Reaction score
I attempted to renew the SiriusXM Guardian service but held off due to the incredibly poor customer service agent & the conflicting information provided. Seems like it's hard to get a definitive answer on what the price is and what's included... The website we can log into (our dashboard) says one thing, the SXMG website says another and then the service agent says something else... When I brought this to her attention she tells me "Das Jus how it looks on the web" Oh brother... For the amount of $$$ they are asking for this service it would be great if they had some decent reps, seems like a sloppy collaboration between SiriusXM & Uconnect.

Needles to say I will pass for now, was wondering if anyone has had any success with this (better price & plan). Remote Vehicle Start is really the only thing that would be worth it, seems like they add the other items (which are questionable) to inflate the price.

Just to clarify, I'm only referring to the SiriusXM Guardian service (remote app start, SOS, roadside & the other BS). I have all the other services (music,travel,etc...) for another few years because of the package that was included.

Attachments

• Dashboard.JPG
    Dashboard.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 99
  • SXMWebsite.JPG
    SXMWebsite.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Mb7640

Reaction score
After the trail I just wait until they send me a email with discounted price then if I like it I sign back up. As for the radio I always call them and have been getting everything for $100 a year instead of the full price they charge

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After the trail I just wait until they send me a email with discounted price then if I like it I sign back up. As for the radio I always call them and have been getting everything for $100 a year instead of the full price they charge
You might be overpaying. When my radio service ran out I called to cancel, and I asked for $5/mo for their premium package. She said she couldn't do that price, but she could do $9/mo. I said, verbatim, "I know that when I cancel in 2-3 months I'll get a letter in the mail that gives me 12 months of the premium package for $60 if I pay in full. Why can't you just give that to me now?" She replied that she was unable to do so, so I cancelled. About 6 weeks later I got the promo for $60 for the year so I have XM again until I have to cancel and go through the hassle again. I keep a reminder in my phone for 1 week before it charges me so I have time to call.

Guardian would be nice if the app was able to connect to my truck on a consistent basis, but I couldn't get it to connect and start my truck from my bedroom. No point in trying to start my truck from the office/airport if it won't connect from less than 100 feet.

Mb7640

Reaction score
You might be overpaying. When my radio service ran out I called to cancel, and I asked for $5/mo for their premium package. She said she couldn't do that price, but she could do $9/mo. I said, verbatim, "I know that when I cancel in 2-3 months I'll get a letter in the mail that gives me 12 months of the premium package for $60 if I pay in full. Why can't you just give that to me now?" She replied that she was unable to do so, so I cancelled. About 6 weeks later I got the promo for $60 for the year so I have XM again until I have to cancel and go through the hassle again. I keep a reminder in my phone for 1 week before it charges me so I have time to call.

Guardian would be nice if the app was able to connect to my truck on a consistent basis, but I couldn't get it to connect and start my truck from my bedroom. No point in trying to start my truck from the office/airport if it won't connect from less than 100 feet.
I will have to try that next time to see if I can get that price. I know what you mean about the app. I can get the app to come up. Remote start is hit or miss. I do like the send and go but that is also a hit or miss

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you guys confusing Sirius XM Guardian with Sirius XM radio service? Sirius XM radio service can easily be gotten for $60 a year however Sirius Guardian with it's hit or miss remote start service and other services as outlined by LV426 above is typically well over $100 up to $250 a year for that service.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you guys confusing Sirius XM Guardian with Sirius XM radio service? Sirius XM radio service can easily be gotten for $60 a year however Sirius Guardian with it's hit or miss remote start service and other services as outlined by LV426 above is typically well over $100 up to $250 a year for that service.
Nah I know they're two separate services. I was mainly responding to Mb7640 about the radio, and then said Guardian wasn't really worth the price due to how spotty the connection can be. Since LV426 was really only concerned about the Remote Start I only talked about that.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Earlier in the year, I had called them and got $60 for 6 months, just yesterday I did another renewal for 155 for year. XM Guardian

I am not even sure why I did that considering I don’t need the remote start that much since I don’t live up north anymore

LV426

Reaction score
Earlier in the year, I had called them and got $60 for 6 months, just yesterday I did another renewal for 155 for year. XM Guardian

I am not even sure why I did that considering I don’t need the remote start that much since I don’t live up north anymore
So did the $155 cover everything or just the Stolen vehicle assistance & theft alarm notification (or just remote start/doors per phone support)? See that's where the issue is, they have these stupidly priced packages on the renewal site/dashboard (see my image attached above) But you get a different story on the phone and another one from the Uconnect site...

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

So, you had to go without SiriusXM for 6 weeks in order to get the $60 per year deal? You'll have to go through that every year?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So did the $155 cover everything or just the Stolen vehicle assistance & theft alarm notification (or just remote start/doors per phone support)? See that's where the issue is, they have these stupidly priced packages on the renewal site/dashboard (see my image attached above) But you get a different story on the phone and another one from the Uconnect site...
It seems like for what you want, the cheapest package is it. It's the same price on the dashboard and SXM ($156/yr), but according to SXM you get more bang for your buck.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, you had to go without SiriusXM for 6 weeks in order to get the $60 per year deal? You'll have to go through that every year?
Yes. I usually split time between XM and Spotify for music, and I mainly use XM for football in the fall. If you can get a good customer service rep that understands the deal they'll just give it to you, but if you get the one's that just follow the script you have to wait for the promo. Every now and then I get promos for something like 3 months for $3 that I just tack on to whatever my service is at the time.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score

He’s not talking about the radio subscription, he’s talking about guardian services. They won’t reduce those prices and they are WAY OVER priced. Most people that care about their wallet refuse to pay for it after the free year.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score

It’s for everything, security and convenience package. If you try to do online it’s the full price. I called and said cancel mine unless you can give me a deal, she did.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
He’s not talking about the radio subscription, he’s talking about guardian services. They won’t reduce those prices and they are WAY OVER priced. Most people that care about their wallet refuse to pay for it after the free year.

They do, see my post above. You have to call and ask for it.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Until Insurance gives me $150 a year off my premium for having Guardian, no thanks. SiriusXM's business of exploiting customer data is HUGE at this point. They take our location data and sell it and so they're making $250 a year off Guardian + $60 a year on radio and then making money off my location on the back end and I get no discount from Geico for having this service running. The vehicle location thing is huge for recovering a stolen car but it's not worth that money. The other features are baked into my iPhone.

LV426

Reaction score
So I received my first "Discount" advertisement from Guardian the other day, I guess my service has been expired for about a month now. It's still not reasonable at all in my opinion so hopefully they come down more, half of the half price and I'll consider it... The fact that they force the other features bundled and don't just offer a cheap plan with the remote start/unlock is baffling.

Attachments

• save50.JPG
    save50.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
This should really impress everyone. 😂 Here’s the new subscription model they’re going for in 2022. The thread has more.

Thread 'RAM Connect (MY22+ trucks)'

Assistance + Navigation (3 month trial)

Remote Vehicle Operations

Connect to your car no matter where you are. The Ram Mobile App is an essential tool for Ram vehicle owners. With this one app, you’ll have more control of your vehicle, more convenience in your day and more peace of mind than you ever thought possible. Take driving to a whole new level, whether you’re in the driver’s seat or not.

Alexa Vehicle Assistant

Command your vehicle from the comfort of your home using only your voice. Simply ask Alexa on an Alexa-enabled device to start/stop the engine, lock/unlock the doors, check tire pressure, flash the lights and more. With available TomTom Navigation, you can also ask Alexa to find restaurants, gas stations and other destinations and then send the addresses directly to your vehicle for added convenience.

Drive Alerts

Drive Alerts helps promote safer driving and gives you peace of mind when your loved ones are out on the road. You can set boundary limits, monitor driving speed, and pinpoint your vehicle’s location at any point and any place.

Send Destination to Vehicle

Use your vehicle’s mobile app to search for a destination or point of interest, then send the address directly to your vehicle’s navigation system – from home, work or anywhere else. By the time you get behind the wheel, your car will be ready to take you where you want to go!

Last Mile Navigation

Because there’s not always a parking spot outside the restaurant or coffee shop, Last Mile Navigation provides walking directions from your parked vehicle to your final destination – or from your destination back to your parking spot – by seamlessly synchronizing your vehicle to your compatible smartphone or wearable device.

Alexa Built-In

With Amazon Alexa Built-In for the Uconnect® 5 radio in your vehicle, you can have the convenience of the Alexa features you enjoy at home, now on the go. Just ask Alexa to play music and audiobooks, place calls, get directions, set reminders and more – all without taking your hands off the wheel or eyes off the road.

Google Vehicle Assistant

Command your vehicle from the comfort of your home using only your voice. Simply ask Google on any device with Google Assistant to start/stop the engine, lock/unlock the doors, check tire pressure, flash the lights and more. With available TomTom Navigation, you can also ask Google to find restaurants, gas stations and other destinations and then send the addresses directly to your vehicle for added convenience.

Smartwatch Extension

Check on your vehicle as easily and conveniently as you check the time. Select Connected services can be accessed through your compatible smartwatch when it’s paired to your smartphone and vehicle app.

TomTom Navigation

Never fumble for directions on your smartphone again. Uconnect® 5 with TomTom Navigation is an intuitive and advanced navigation system offering the most up-to-date map and location technology available.

TomTom Traffic and Travel Services

From accurate ETAs to instant reroutes based on real-time traffic flow, your navigation map will come to life with TomTom Traffic & Travel Services, a feature that provides increased convenience by integrating up-to-the-moment travel information seamlessly into your journey.

Remote Map Updates

Remote Map Updates keep your Uconnect® system current with the latest street and highway changes, saving time and finding fuel on the most direct routes

Advance Search

New points of interest are created all the time. Advance Search is an always-up-to-date online search solution.

Dynamic Range Mapping

How far can you go with the fuel you have left? Find out with Dynamic Range Mapping, a graphic representation of your current vehicle range using built-in navigation.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This should really impress everyone. 😂 Here’s the new subscription model they’re going for in 2022. The thread has more.

Connect to your car no matter where you are. The Ram Mobile App is an essential tool for Ram vehicle owners. With this one app, you’ll have more control of your vehicle, more convenience in your day and more peace of mind than you ever thought possible. Take driving to a whole new level, whether you’re in the driver’s seat or not.

Alexa Vehicle Assistant

Command your vehicle from the comfort of your home using only your voice. Simply ask Alexa on an Alexa-enabled device to start/stop the engine, lock/unlock the doors, check tire pressure, flash the lights and more. With available TomTom Navigation, you can also ask Alexa to find restaurants, gas stations and other destinations and then send the addresses directly to your vehicle for added convenience.

Drive Alerts

Drive Alerts helps promote safer driving and gives you peace of mind when your loved ones are out on the road. You can set boundary limits, monitor driving speed, and pinpoint your vehicle’s location at any point and any place.

Use your vehicle’s mobile app to search for a destination or point of interest, then send the address directly to your vehicle’s navigation system – from home, work or anywhere else. By the time you get behind the wheel, your car will be ready to take you where you want to go!

Last Mile Navigation

Because there’s not always a parking spot outside the restaurant or coffee shop, Last Mile Navigation provides walking directions from your parked vehicle to your final destination – or from your destination back to your parking spot – by seamlessly synchronizing your vehicle to your compatible smartphone or wearable device.

Alexa Built-In

With Amazon Alexa Built-In for the Uconnect® 5 radio in your vehicle, you can have the convenience of the Alexa features you enjoy at home, now on the go. Just ask Alexa to play music and audiobooks, place calls, get directions, set reminders and more – all without taking your hands off the wheel or eyes off the road.

Google Vehicle Assistant

Command your vehicle from the comfort of your home using only your voice. Simply ask Google on any device with Google Assistant to start/stop the engine, lock/unlock the doors, check tire pressure, flash the lights and more. With available TomTom Navigation, you can also ask Google to find restaurants, gas stations and other destinations and then send the addresses directly to your vehicle for added convenience.

Smartwatch Extension

Check on your vehicle as easily and conveniently as you check the time. Select Connected services can be accessed through your compatible smartwatch when it’s paired to your smartphone and vehicle app.I'

TomTom Navigation

Never fumble for directions on your smartphone again. Uconnect® 5 with TomTom Navigation is an intuitive and advanced navigation system offering the most up-to-date map and location technology available.

From accurate ETAs to instant reroutes based on real-time traffic flow, your navigation map will come to life with TomTom Traffic & Travel Services, a feature that provides increased convenience by integrating up-to-the-moment travel information seamlessly into your journey.

Remote Map Updates

Remote Map Updates keep your Uconnect® system current with the latest street and highway changes, saving time and finding fuel on the most direct routes

Advance Search

New points of interest are created all the time. Advance Search is an always-up-to-date online search solution.

Dynamic Range Mapping

How far can you go with the fuel you have left? Find out with Dynamic Range Mapping, a graphic representation of your current vehicle range using built-in navigation.
Wow!!! Look at all the apps that will be tracking your every move with a 2022 model! Even Amazon will know your exact location so they can recommend an Arby's gift card a mile before you pass an Arbys! Or ads from service stations near the point where you’ll be on fumes per the “Dynamic Range Mapping.”

Can't imagine how many will bite on this...before long, one will simply receive a speeding ticket via text from the local law enforcement authority based upon the tracking data supplied by all the apps above. Instant justice via data and evidence provided by the alleged law breaker.

I’ll pass…tin foil will be required to cover the antenna! I’d recommend they see if they can sell it in new vehicles to Al Quida or other terrorists as it will made it easier for the Tomahawk to find its target!

Last edited:

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got the 60/6months and 155/year deals in the mail and email. Just wondering if anyone has received a better deal?

And just an FYI, GEICO emailed back an answer to my question about a discount and said that there is no evidence that Vehicle Location services has any impact on stolen vehicle recovery so no discount. They did say that vehicle immobilization does have an impact.

LV426

Reaction score

Alexa Vehicle Assistant

Drive Alerts

Last Mile Navigation

Alexa Built-In

Google Vehicle Assistant

Smartwatch Extension

Check on your vehicle as easily and conveniently as you check the time. Select Connected services can be accessed through your compatible smartwatch when it’s paired to your smartphone and vehicle app.

TomTom Navigation

Remote Map Updates

Advance Search

Dynamic Range Mapping

All I see is a multitude of things that probably will not function properly together, I will look forward to reading those threads...

Users who are viewing this thread