5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius/XM Presets Disappear

JBRD

Reaction score
My Sirius/XM Presets disappear every time I turn off the truck. It's only happened in the past couple of weeks. I have a 2019 Limited that I purchased in June. Anyone else had this issue? what was the fix?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
use the SEARCH feature and go look at the various threads -- there is also a TSB/RECALL section ..

aka take your truck to the dealer and get the radio updated .. simple fix and it is free.

.. plus .. while reading my reply, if you scroll down a bit more .. you will see "Similar Threads" .. there are a few posts there for your reading enjoyment :)

have them (the dealer) pull STAR CASE S1808000198

"... All settings must be set and saved in memory profile. If radio presets are not saved to the memory profile, it will reset in vehicle upon key off with the last active driver profile."
" ... For vehicles that have no memory key option ... review the radio software for any updates."

RANDAV

Reaction score
My Sirius/XM Presets disappear every time I turn off the truck. It's only happened in the past couple of weeks. I have a 2019 Limited that I purchased in June. Anyone else had this issue? what was the fix?
I discovered the same problem just after i took delivery of my 2019 Limited back in March - dealer did several updates but nothing corrected the problem. Went on for 3 months until RAM finally replaced the media center.
All was well for one month, until i took the RAM into the dealer for a RECALL on the Passenger restraint. That update made the NEW Media center to go right back to the same problem before - Radio Presets disappearing at every start up of vehicle - I took back to the dealer in June - they told me that an update would not be available until October, that could "possibly" correct the problem.
Reported the problem to RAM Customer Care - but they were no help - TOTALLY USELESS!!!
Needless to say - I am one VERY UNHAPPY Customer
I am spreading the word of how the RAM 12" Media Center is a totally a JOKE - AS WELL AS THEIR so called "Customer Care Dept."
Please let me know if you or anyone can relate to this poor example of customer service
I will be going to my local TV Station to get the Media involved- to get the word out to the Public of how RAM does not take care of their customers and that they have put out a VERY POOR Quality of product in 2019. Hopefully to save someone from the stress and loss of time, that I have spent on this issue

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Create a listener profile in the Sirius XM screen. And they will magically stop disappearing

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

paul vegas

Reaction score
Create a listener profile in the Sirius XM screen. And they will magically stop disappearing

yes, someone else figured out that you had to go into settings and create a profile to have to preset stay

Tarheel14

Reaction score
I actually created a profile in the XM settings and then my saved stations disappeared after a few months.... I had to go back in and create the profile a 2nd time and now I have not had anymore issues.

Bizkit

Reaction score
My user profile is not saving and my presets continue to disappear.

Bizkit

Reaction score
None of the mentioned corrections for this problem have worked for me. When SiruisXM does send me a refresh, my favorites do stay when truck is turned off and on but they disappear after an extended down time. When I sign into my account on the radio it only stays signed in for a few seconds and reverts back to not signed in. This is getting frustrating. May be time for another media center.

ahei882000

Reaction score
None of the mentioned corrections for this problem have worked for me. When SiruisXM does send me a refresh, my favorites do stay when truck is turned off and on but they disappear after an extended down time. When I sign into my account on the radio it only stays signed in for a few seconds and reverts back to not signed in. This is getting frustrating. May be time for another media center.

Just got back from my dealer appt and I had a "Radio Internal" code. they are going to open a Star Case and get back to me but said most likely its a full radio replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread