5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius-MPH-Speaker Issues

kmr1200

Reaction score
Edited title to include additional problem.

Sorry I did search but didn't find an answer. My Sirius "free" period seemed to expire today...picked up my 2021 Limited at end of March. This afternoon I noticed 1) no Sirius, and 2) no "speed limit" in my HUD.

Four months seems to be a weird free trial period, but if that is correct (I will check), is Sirius the speed limit data supplier for the HUD indicator?

I don't use Sirius much (Stern show is terrible now, and I like podcasts/audible books), so no big deal if it expired...but nice to have the speed limit indicated next to my MPH on the HUD.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh that’s gonna suck, I like the speed limit sign in the HUD! How is that Sirius related? Shouldn’t it be loaded in from maps?

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Travel Link, or whatever it's called, part of XM/Sirrus that provides traffic, weather, etc. is supposed to last like 5yrs, or something like that.

The only things that should expire in your first year is XMGuardian (worthless service that works the App on your phone and some other stuff involving that) and Sirrus/XM Radio (the actually Sat Radio portion). I believe the Sat Radio one is supposed to last 1yr from activation date.

Neither should be linked to your speedometer in your HUD.

kmr1200

Reaction score
Thanks. Sure enough, I took the truck out this morning and everything was back to normal. I will blame the satellites...the same time my Sirius and speed limit weren't working, my Apple navigation on Carplay had the location of my truck at least a half mile from where I was. I was driving US 101 and according the the navigation I was driving over the hillsides next to the freeway!

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. Sure enough, I took the truck out this morning and everything was back to normal. I will blame the satellites...the same time my Sirius and speed limit weren't working, my Apple navigation on Carplay had the location of my truck at least a half mile from where I was. I was driving US 101 and according the the navigation I was driving over the hillsides next to the freeway!
Look at you taking that Limited off-road :ROFLMAO:

kmr1200

Reaction score
My Sirius/Speed Limit glitch has happened again. I need to remember what sequence of things I have done that has caused it...something related to using my iPhone/Carplay and connecting my phone via USB. I "fixed" it by pulling over and re-starting the truck.

Meanwhile, another glitch has happened a few times...on occasion, mostly listening to Sirius but also sometimes with Carplay, the left front speaker has gone to very low volume...most of the sound coming from the right side. I have checked my Audio settings and everything is on center. I don't think it is a speaker connection issue, but not sure. Very annoying.

This latest glitch happened even after the latest OS update which I installed the other day.

Last edited:

kmr1200

Reaction score
Ha, I know I am talking to myself in this thread,, but as suddenly as my "right side speaker only" problem arrived, it seems to have disappeared. Knocking on wood, but just finished a 3-hour drive with zero problems from the UConnect/speakers.

Weird...must be some sort of software gremlin that is only triggered with certain actions.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can trigger a right side speaker only by changing the volume on Sat Radio, right as Android Auto Navigation starts to speak. It gets stuck with the front left speaker waiting for an announcement from AA, while the Sat Radio continues to play from the rest of the speakers at a lower volume. Mine will stay like this until the next direction is announced through AA, then it goes back to normal.

kmr1200

Reaction score
Just drove to store, no iPhone attached, and all was good with Sirius. Got back in truck after shopping, same no-iPhone setup, and all Sirius sound was out of right side on the drive home!

I'm convinced this is going to frustrate me for the next few years!

Users who are viewing this thread