5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simoniz Glass Coat

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with this?

I was able to get this thrown in on my deal and it came with a lifetime warranty. Normally costs $1000 but we all know about excessive markups. Normally I would never even consider these type of add ons.

The paint after being done was obviously way smoother than the factory finish. I’m sure the same could be achieved just by claying but wondering about the durability in the long term. I must say I was very surprised how easily my truck cleaned up after the first wash especially bug splatter.

How does this compare to other paint protection products?

They say my interior was also treated and covered under the same warranty for stains and such.

Only time will tell but seems like a good product to me.

Kinalyx

Reaction score
Usually these are a much lower quality than something you can get from a professional detailer. However, you arent paying for the product, or even its protection, you are paying for the warranty. Used to use a $20 can of spray wax as the lifetime product, now they use a $25 bottle of cheap "ceramic" coating.

Either way, if it got added to your deal for free, its a good thing to have as a paint protection warranty. The protection from the product more than likely wont exceed 6 months.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Usually these are a much lower quality than something you can get from a professional detailer. However, you arent paying for the product, or even its protection, you are paying for the warranty. Used to use a $20 can of spray wax as the lifetime product, now they use a $25 bottle of cheap "ceramic" coating.

Either way, if it got added to your deal for free, its a good thing to have as a paint protection warranty. The protection from the product more than likely wont exceed 6 months.
Kinda what I figured.

Users who are viewing this thread