5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silverado sales are down 15%

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
Can't help but wonder if the Design Teams for the Exterior and Interior are getting their asses reamed, I know GM has to read the Reviews and all of them had that same "What the hell is this?" with the Interior Vibe.

Also, LOL

'
  1. Limited availability of the all-new 2019 Silverado 1500 compared to primary rivals from Ford and Ram
  2. Limited to non-existent incentives on all-new 2019 Silverado 1500
  3. A strong launch for the all-new 2019 Ram 1500, which commenced its launch process before that of the Silverado
  4. A potential reduction of Silverado units to fleet/commercial customers
'

They blame everything but the lukewarm reception of the truck!

UnLimited

Reaction score
Couple weeks ago drove from Asheville NC to Ft Myers - I saw about 15 new Rams about half Limiteds... I saw exactly ONE, '19 Silverado... and ONE '19 Denali around Fla border.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Even without the polarizing exterior, the interiors on the new chevys still look like they came out of 2008. You’d think that after a full redesign they would have modernized their awful interiors, but nope. Still stuck on the last decade.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen exactly 1 2019 Silverado and 1 2019 Sierra on the roads so far. 2019 Rams I see everywhere, granted yes they have been out longer. Where I live the Silverado is the 3rd place seller anyways. A video was posted on another site last January from NAIAS, someone was filming the 2019 Ram and it just so happened at that time the team responsible for the 2019 Silverado was looking the Ram over, they were looking at the interior, touching the materials and looking very concerned. I wish I could find that video again.

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
I suspect that the extreme cost saving measures are to blame for the lack of a real interior redesign, just like the plant closures. I suspect there were more complaints about the old exterior than the interior, so they just thought they would make it look all new from the outside (to be fair there were bigger changes than just the looks on the exterior) and they'd be able to continue along selling trucks at the same rate with big profits.

They didn't account for just how staggeringly better the redesigned ram interior would be, and how much people buying these expensive trucks care about being in a nice place to drive for their $60k. If the ram interior was only a little better than the Silverado the brand loyalists wouldn't have jumped ship.

Also, in the interest of fairness. Ram did the same thing with their drivetrains and suspensions other than adding etorque and changing the air suspension a bit. Lots of carryover to save costs during redesign. The only difference is no other trucks came out with a new engine or suspension that really blows the Ram versions out of the water.

As has been said, ram did a great job of coming up with a truck that feels like a complete ground up redesign, and is a great overall package without any glaring deficiencies besides some QC issues.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it would be tough to keep breakfast down when you walk out door to go to work and see this atrocity in driveway waiting for you........and the neighbor next door has a gorgeous 19 Ram in his driveway. (...and he got a better deal on it!)

Presenting the 2020 TURD HD If Studebaker was still alive, their truck might look like this.....lol IMG_3356.JPG IMG_3365.JPG

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah that thing is ugly as sin. The looks of the regular grew on me. I like their shape.

This thing is stupid. Reminds me of the station wagon in the original Vacation.
I agree! Here is a copy of pic someone else created....the new 2020 Turd sports wagon :ROFLMAO: IMG_3434.JPG

Horn

Reaction score
It doesnt help their case when they dont want to budge but a mere 2 or 3 grand from the sticker.

When Ram is out there with all new 19s going 10000 to 13000 off stickers for a truck with astonishly luxurious interiors, good exterior looks, and the well known Hemi name.

I looked at the trailboss. Would have gotten one, or a regular LTZ, but they didnt move on price. Proudly too, it seemed. I was there first. They could have had me.

Ram won.

GM deserves it.
I’ve always been a Ram and Chevy fan, but Chevy wouldn’t budge on price for me either. So it was easy to decide after test driving the Ram 1500 and getting 10,000 off the sticker.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Usually Chev and GMC are discounting heavy now because this is their annual holiday sales event with Costco but I assume it isn't including the new 19 Silverado and only the current 2018 models. I had a career with Xerox and they are on a big list of companies with FCA Chrysler family/friends discount program so I ordered my loaded 19 Rebel in April and had a 1% under invoice (plus all current incentives) guaranteed price. The fleet department of the local Ram dealer said I did well because they were asking above msrp because Rebels were rare on lots (then in August). I then bought a 10 year extended platinum warranty through my AAA auto broker for 120,000 miles for like $2300? and they cover rig very well. I was thinking of a Raptor at the time and found out that there are no deals on Raptors! The local dealers want $10k over msrp so screw that! The dealer will not let anyone test drive them either!!!! They want gold for them and I won't know how it drives til I sell my soul to the devil????(...pay the salesman...lol) And my Rebel is the better choice for my use as I won't ever really use a baja capable truck that gets worse mileage, and has low tow rating. Besides my new Magnaflow cat back makes a HEMI V8 sound amazing!!!!!! The 3.5 ecoboost may have tons of power but has goofy 6 cylinder sound that just seems odd.:whistle: IMG_3406.JPG

Last edited:

ortvk

Reaction score
No surprise here....big Chevy guy my whole driving life. Traded my 2016 Colorado in for a 2019 Ram. Went to Chevy first to look at a redline edition silverado with all the bells and whistles. Wouldn't budge on price one bit, and for the $64,000 plus sticker price the interior is really lacking. Back to the drawing board they go I guess.

harleyrae

Reaction score
My silverado '07 and '15 sit in my driveway and an '18 or '19 is the same ole (ecept the tailgate). However took the Rebel out tonight for dinner with friends. The back seat was warm (no heated seats) and lots of room to stretch. No regrets...

Users who are viewing this thread