5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shout out to positive dealer experiences

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hate that some dealerships fail to treat customers well. It really goes to show that if you have the option of a dealer with a great rep, both before and AFTER the sale, to give them your business, even if you end up paying a few extra dollars up front.
Here is my very positive experience.. My initial ordering process was seamless. It was all completed over email, as I compared offers from 6 different places. Some places weren't competitive at all and some wanted to play games. I immediately crossed them off the list. My ultimate choice was competitive within 1,000 dollars of the next best offer. I asked a local used car dealer that is a friend of mine which dealership had the best rep after the sale. He immediately recommended one over the other. I met with them in person, told them I was going with them, but asked whether they would consider taking another 500 dollars off to split the difference with "best offer" I had out there. They didn't hesitate and said yes within a minute. No games, and my final price was very good in my opinion.

Salesman kept me updated throughout the ordering wait and answered all questions. Upon delivery, she had it pulled inside and walked around the truck with me for 40 minutes. No objections to putting in the order for the bed extender posts.

Went to pick up extender posts and have them install, and had the shifter knob/trans issue happen (3rd time). They immediately said "pull it in, and leave it with us." Gave me the keys to a new, loaded 2500 Longhorn. I kept that for a week until they called and said it was ready. They also fixed the slight gap on my ramboxes on one side, and said I wasn't being picky as "a brand new 65K truck deserves to be perfect."

Got a text message yesterday from the service manager asking if everything was going well and if there was anything else I needed. I mentioned the shifting seemed to be a little more jerky after the trans updates they ran, particularly at slower speeds. I asked if this was re-learning. Received an immediate response:

Dealer: It should smooth out relatively soon. Maybe within 100-200 miles. Do you have time to maybe ride with our tech or do you want to set up an appoint to loot at it?

Me: How about I retrain it for 200 miles and see if it smooths out. Does that work?

Dealer: Whatever works best for you. I want to make sure we are taking care of you as best as possible.

So the bottom line is, I feel really solid with my purchase, even if I have some hiccups with the truck along the way. It goes beyond just the warranty applying, it is the fact the dealer seems genuinely interested in making sure I'm happy with this truck. I'm driving 25 minutes to this place for anything I need, versus the 10 minute drive across town to the other local place. So I'll reiterate my humble opinion. We all want the best deal out there (look at my name, I'm Dutch and pinch every penny). But if you want to happy long term without added frustration, you darn well better go to a dealer that wants you to be happy.

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
I have a small town dealer that has been family owned since the 1930's. They gave me similar pricing that the city dealers were quoting. They are very laid back, easy to deal with. I can walk in and go talk to a tech if i want. They have a tech that is 80+ and has been there since 1957, except for a few years he had to go work on tanks for uncle sam. Great place to deal with.

MachineX

Young and retired in Texas...
Reaction score
Shout out to Jason at Ancira CJDR, San Antonio, TX. I am stationed in Germany and he helped special order the 'retirement' truck I wanted at the price I liked. He has kept me updated through email with any changes to the truck, from initial order to D to KZ to railcar unloaded, etc. Yes, the truck will sit in their storage until I finally come back, but I know it will be in good hands until final delivery. And I know if anymore TSBs or recalls are announced, he will have them all cleared prior to handing me the keys. ✈

Maineiac

Reaction score
I hate that some dealerships fail to treat customers well. It really goes to show that if you have the option of a dealer with a great rep, both before and AFTER the sale, to give them your business, even if you end up paying a few extra dollars up front.
Here is my very positive experience.. My initial ordering process was seamless. It was all completed over email, as I compared offers from 6 different places. Some places weren't competitive at all and some wanted to play games. I immediately crossed them off the list. My ultimate choice was competitive within 1,000 dollars of the next best offer. I asked a local used car dealer that is a friend of mine which dealership had the best rep after the sale. He immediately recommended one over the other. I met with them in person, told them I was going with them, but asked whether they would consider taking another 500 dollars off to split the difference with "best offer" I had out there. They didn't hesitate and said yes within a minute. No games, and my final price was very good in my opinion.

Salesman kept me updated throughout the ordering wait and answered all questions. Upon delivery, she had it pulled inside and walked around the truck with me for 40 minutes. No objections to putting in the order for the bed extender posts.

Went to pick up extender posts and have them install, and had the shifter knob/trans issue happen (3rd time). They immediately said "pull it in, and leave it with us." Gave me the keys to a new, loaded 2500 Longhorn. I kept that for a week until they called and said it was ready. They also fixed the slight gap on my ramboxes on one side, and said I wasn't being picky as "a brand new 65K truck deserves to be perfect."

Got a text message yesterday from the service manager asking if everything was going well and if there was anything else I needed. I mentioned the shifting seemed to be a little more jerky after the trans updates they ran, particularly at slower speeds. I asked if this was re-learning. Received an immediate response:

Dealer: It should smooth out relatively soon. Maybe within 100-200 miles. Do you have time to maybe ride with our tech or do you want to set up an appoint to loot at it?

Me: How about I retrain it for 200 miles and see if it smooths out. Does that work?

Dealer: Whatever works best for you. I want to make sure we are taking care of you as best as possible.

So the bottom line is, I feel really solid with my purchase, even if I have some hiccups with the truck along the way. It goes beyond just the warranty applying, it is the fact the dealer seems genuinely interested in making sure I'm happy with this truck. I'm driving 25 minutes to this place for anything I need, versus the 10 minute drive across town to the other local place. So I'll reiterate my humble opinion. We all want the best deal out there (look at my name, I'm Dutch and pinch every penny). But if you want to happy long term without added frustration, you darn well better go to a dealer that wants you to be happy.

Do you mind sharing the name of this great dealer?

Maineiac

Reaction score
Southown Chrysler. Indianola, Iowa. Salesperson is Anita.

Thanks! I got mine at Dewey in Ankeny mostly because I work down the street and they were the only ones in Iowa with V6’s on their lot. Their service department has been excellent to me. Sales was the typical haggle game but that’s to be expected.

Dewey, Stew, and Southtown are all owned by the same company I’ve learned.

4sallypat

Reaction score

Wow this was a good post!
While I am looking for a Rebel currently, I never thought about how the service dept will treat you.
The sales part may be the "fun" part, having to deal with the service dept is another facet of the dealership.

Time to get to the service manager at each location I am thinking of doing business with and find out how good or poorly they treat customers.

Q: Anyone deal with service depts in: Puente Hills CJDR or Glenn E Thomas CJDR ??

Q: Is it standard practice to give out loaners while your vehicle is in their service dept for overnight work ??

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow this was a good post!
While I am looking for a Rebel currently, I never thought about how the service dept will treat you.
The sales part may be the "fun" part, having to deal with the service dept is another facet of the dealership.

Time to get to the service manager at each location I am thinking of doing business with and find out how good or poorly they treat customers.

Q: Anyone deal with service depts in: Puente Hills CJDR or Glenn E Thomas CJDR ??

Q: Is it standard practice to give out loaners while your vehicle is in their service dept for overnight work ??

I think your second question is a good one for dealers you are considering. See what their local policies are. If you plan on getting a mopar warranty (not through dealer, but through a valid rep online), I believe it also provides for a loaner if kept overnight. At least the lifetime max protect one does I was reading. I've not purchased that warranty yet, but I plan on it in the future.

Jigaloo

Reaction score
I had a great experience with Meador Dodge in Fort Worth, TX.

I traded my 2018 wrangler for a 2019 Ram. Took my trade based on pictures. They even had a driver drive out my new truck to Austin, and drove back my wrangler. Saved me 6-7 hours of driving. I know some folks wouldn't want someone else driving their new truck but I appreciated the time save. I've done this a few times before and love it.

On the flip side, I was very disappointed with Nyle Maxwell in Austin. I purchased 5 cars from them in the last 3 years. The low balled the hell out of me for my wrangler. They offered me $5k less than what Meador gave me....no joke.

Grunkster

Reaction score
Smooth sale for me on a busy saturday morning at a large MN dealership called Jeff Belzers.

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
On the advice of multiple friends with trucks I ordered my 1500 through Gene Steffy CJDR dealership in Fremont NE. They came plenty close to the price quoted by Dennis Dillon dealership in Idaho to make me happy.

No runaround or problems. Very happy with my salesman too, he was very good about keeping me updated any time I asked and sometimes would just send me updates because he heard or saw something. Ask for Brandon Miller.

Turin

Reaction score
Southown Chrysler. Indianola, Iowa.
Thank you for this thread! I've been soliciting quotes on a build to order. I contacted Southtown after reading your recommendation and their quote was by far the lowest of any dealership in the area. After a bit of emailing back and forth I placed my order last Friday. :)

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Waverley Dodge Ram for all you Canucks in Manitoba looking for a 5th Gen Ram. Always feel welcome and even after loosing my cool a few times over my issues with my 16' Rebel, still treat me like royalty.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Waverley Dodge Ram for all you Canucks in Manitoba looking for a 5th Gen Ram. Always feel welcome and even after loosing my cool a few times over my issues with my 16' Rebel, still treat me like royalty.
Anyone in New Jersey looking for a good sales department and a first class service department look no further than Flemington Dodge/Ram. I travel an hour south of me to go to this place even though there are probably 5 or 6 Dodge/Ram places within 15 mins of my house. You wont regret the trip.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you for this thread! I've been soliciting quotes on a build to order. I contacted Southtown after reading your recommendation and their quote was by far the lowest of any dealership in the area. After a bit of emailing back and forth I placed my order last Friday. :)
That's awesome. Stick with their service department too if you can. Thus far they have taken great care of me, and are worth the extra 15 minutes drive

Users who are viewing this thread