5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipping FROM Dealer

DurangoDon

Reaction score
First Post - Long time reader / lurker / learner. Considering purchase of a 1500 Laramie (New) from a dealer out of state, about 400 miles away. They offer shipping, noted on their website. Wondering about other's experiences with purchasing sight unseen? Shipping issues? Getting items corrected if needed? If I proceed, would ask the dealer to do a Zoom video of looking at things on a pre-delivery checklist. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
I had mine delivered from 200 miles away to my front door. It was brand new so I didn’t need to see it first, used would be a different story I would go see it first. Awesome experience not having to go to the lot all details were done in advance, I signed the paperwork on my kitchen counter sipping a cold beer. You can inspect vehicle upon arrival and your warranty is good at any dealer if you can find a good one. I’ll never go to a showroom again unless it’s for a test drive of a new model.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had mine shipped 800 miles, no issues.

If it’s still under warranty I won’t worry about mechanical issues. It’s the paint issues, smoke and pet odor that is hard to judge.

ExtinctBird

Reaction score
I had my Longhorn shipped by the dealer. There were no issues upon arrival, so not completely sure how they would have handled any paint dings or similar problems I might have found.

The key is to make sure you have a dealer that has many positive reviews from remote buyers. Also make sure your salesman is personally assuring everything is being sent in the truck, such as floor mats, bed divider, both keys, etc.

I bought mine from Big O Dodge in Greenville, SC. They could not have been better for me. They appear to do a ton of remote sales on eBay and elsewhere.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was also delivered 800 miles. There was a ding in the driver door and a slight scratch on the driver rear door. I do PDR so I removed the ding and polished out the slight scratch. The dealer asked me to send them an invoice to cover the repairs, but because I got such a great deal on the truck, I told them it wasn't an issue.

Now, I do have another paint issue, but this issue will be fixable by any dealer and will be warrantied as a factory defect, so there's nothing the selling dealer would do differently.

I also had a broken key fob that got run over by the selling dealer. They told me about it before they shipped the truck and had a local dealer replace it for me at no cost to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/