5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shifting Issues on 2019 RAM 2500

Mitchlong432

Reaction score
To anyone who can help...

I'm having shifting issues under medium to hard acceleration on my 2019 RAM 2500. Truck will downshift, rev up to around 4-5K, and then just sit there at that RPM and stop pulling. If more throttle is applied you can hear the intake trying to pull in more air, but other than that everything else seems to stall out. Dealership replaced the valve body and it didn't fix the issue. They then replaced the entire transmission but it still didn't fix the issue. I don't know what the root cause of the problem is, but it's missing it's shift points and is unable to find the next gear until I completely let off the gas. The dealership (McKinney CDRJ in McKinney, TX) then tried to tell me it was my cold air intake and that they put on a stock unit and this fixed the issue. As you all can guess this was complete horse sh*t. I recently moved to a new city and the dealership knew this, so they were clearly planning for me to be hours away and a different dealership's problem moving forward. I could complain for days about being blatantly lied to, but I'm much more interested in solving this issue. Anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this?

Users who are viewing this thread