5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shake Down List

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I’ve had my 21 Ecodiesel for almost sixty days and dropped it off this morning with the following new truck “shakedown list”:

1. CEL - P2297 & P026D codes
2. The rear of the transfer case has a drip where the shaft goes into it.

I hope they can get it all fixed soon as they were out of loaners and I’m driving my wife’s Beetle. I love my Ecodiesel - not this luv-bug! They said it would take a minimum of three days to diagnose and then they’d go from there.

At least the list wasn’t as long as my first truck which was a 1980 Ford where the salesman gave me a pocket notebook to write everything down over the next sixty days and then bring the truck back for warranty work! That was three pages of squeaks, rattles, switches that didn’t work, smells, sounds and a beer can behind the seat that was there when I purchased it new!

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Three days in the shop and they still can’t tell me when I will get my truck back - for a simple CEL and transfer case drip. The communication has sucked as I have to call to get any information.

I’ve owned Rams since the 1980’s and while the trucks continue to improve
In appearance and amenities, the service continues to deteriorate. Ram claims they have the highest new customer satisfaction and highest owner loyalty (to which I’ve helped contribute to that statistic) but you NEVER hear them bragging about their service departments. There has never been one award for their service or customer satisfaction about their service.

All we ever hear is how Ramcare can help…make the service departments toe the line and our friends at Ramcare would be as lonely as the Maytag man.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Called Service Manager and he got involved. Just picked up the truck and is perfect. New sensors, new t-case seal and new software flash.

Attachments

• A5119D27-0490-4D8A-B1CD-9CFB7A2A4FE8.jpeg
    A5119D27-0490-4D8A-B1CD-9CFB7A2A4FE8.jpeg
    294.9 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: c3k

70runner

Reaction score
Glad it worked out. My Ecodiesel also just passed 2mo birthday. No issues as yet (knock knock). Love this truck, especially the mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread