5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Set up USB drive for music

reb0957

Reaction score
Fixing to dump music to a thumb drive. My current library is set up Artist then albums of that artist.
Should I dump each individual album onto the thumb drive. Or Can I leave them in the folder the way they are set up?
I also have a bunch of soundtracks under a folder named various artists? DO I do these differently?
I am not a techie so any help s appreciated.
Thanks!

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fixing to dump music to a thumb drive. My current library is set up Artist then albums of that artist.
Should I dump each individual album onto the thumb drive. Or Can I leave them in the folder the way they are set up?
I also have a bunch of soundtracks under a folder named various artists? DO I do these differently?
I am not a techie so any help s appreciated.
Thanks!
Don’t know, but why not just put a few on a usb and try it. If it works, do the rest. You won’t break it.

RichInMN

Reaction score
If your metadata is clean (Artist/Album), your folder structure won't matter - the system will scan and index everything automatically.

raminuk

Reaction score
Hi

i am trying to find an answer to this, i have a 480gb drive and i am trying to view, it shows artist only to S, i have tried artists on root folder and separating into sub folders like.... A-j and k-p etc, still can not get all the artists to list.

The ones that are listed play fine??

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread