5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service thats been done

tdog65

Reaction score
After going thru the threads here (which probably isn't best thing if you want to buy a ram) I keep wanting to push forward. I've found a 19 ram limited loaded with all the options and color combo I wanted. Only has 4400 miles on it. Does have a lift that was installed thru the dealer (probably not at dealer) and sold new at this dealership with the lift. With all these threads you start to get nervous. Why would somebody buy a 70K truck add 5K in lift, wheels and tires then sell at 4400 miles. They are asking pretty penny for it but still quite a bit cheaper than new.

Can the dealer get me a print out of actual service performed on truck. IE if it's had the 12" screen problems, brake problems, roof leaking problems and any other problems I've read about on here. Just want to make sure I'm not buying somebody else's problem truck. I've not actually seen the truck in person yet planning on it tomorrow. Kind of keep hoping they sell it so I can quit thinking about it. I have a perfectly good Ford King Ranch thats not caused any problem. I know its under warranty but I don't want to have to take it to dealer every week for something.
Is there a build date I want to stay away from.

Thanks

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
The service department should be able to plug in the VIN and see what work has been done at dealerships. Any RAM dealership can do it.

Why would they sell it? Maybe discovered with all the accessories that there wasn't enough cargo capacity to take the trailer tongue weight and they moved up to a 2500. Maybe it was a repo.

If you can get the VIN, you can also run the carfax. Maybe it was in a flood? Everything might be dried out now, but electronics will start going out one at a time soon.

tdog65

Reaction score
The service department should be able to plug in the VIN and see what work has been done at dealerships. Any RAM dealership can do it.

Why would they sell it? Maybe discovered with all the accessories that there wasn't enough cargo capacity to take the trailer tongue weight and they moved up to a 2500. Maybe it was a repo.

If you can get the VIN, you can also run the carfax. Maybe it was in a flood? Everything might be dried out now, but electronics will start going out one at a time soon.

I did the car fax its at a Chrysler dealer. Only thing I see unusual is at 4300 miles they changed coolant and reprogrammed the transmission

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I did the car fax its at a Chrysler dealer. Only thing I see unusual is at 4300 miles they changed coolant and reprogrammed the transmission

they could have had the TSB done with hard shifts, that would explain the transmission. Not sure why they would change coolant. I would definitely have the service records pulled.

Users who are viewing this thread