5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semiconductor Shortage hits Ram Truck Jeep Grand Cherokee production

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
Wonder what happens to all the trucks scheduled to be built next week. It sounds like they're still planning on the 19th shutdown week to prep for 2022 builds.

bebrown1075

Reaction score
Wonder what happens to all the trucks scheduled to be built next week. It sounds like they're still planning on the 19th shutdown week to prep for 2022 builds.
It is a great question... knowing that most of the parts are just in time or just in sequence they can't just turn off the line and start new. They will have to build out the system of what is already in production. I would suspect the 22 SOP slides further out.

Croaker

Reaction score
My dealer gave me a ship date of 7/25. How are they going to do that if they are shut down now until after the week of the 19th? Will they still be building 2021’s after they change over the 2022’s? ….or will I be getting a 2022 instead of a 2021 ?

I was getting ready to sell my 2016.…now I am on hold. I don’t trust this ship date.

bebrown1075

Reaction score
My dealer gave me a ship date of 7/25. How are they going to do that if they are shut down now until after the week of the 19th? Will they still be building 2021’s after they change over the 2022’s? ….or will I be getting a 2022 instead of a 2021 ?

I was getting ready to sell my 2016.…now I am on hold. I don’t trust this ship date.
Has your truck been built yet? The shipping companies generally still ship even when the plant is down.

Your dealer should be able to tell you what status your truck is in. You can also look up your build sheet and window sticker.

It is anyone's guess how long MY21 production will go on.

Croaker

Reaction score
No. Not yet built, but they said the parts are gathered and ready to build.

My dealer just told me the ship date is now Aug 3rd.

No Build Sheet or Window Sticker yet.

Users who are viewing this thread