5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Self Installed 2019 Software and Nav Upgrade

Airbearmd

Reaction score
I just received and successfully installed both the Uconnect Software Upgrade and the 2021 Nav Update. The instructions that come with the multiple USB thumb drives is very intimidating, but must be followed exactly as written!!!
Below is a simplistic breakdown of what you need to do/know;
  1. Must order for either 8" or 12" Uconnect screen
  2. Do not confuse the 2 USBs! One is the software update that must be completed 1st, and the second is the Nav update which is completed 2nd
  3. I had an issue going to the web site to get the activation code, but it was my fault. Enter the URL address exactly as they have it in the manual. It is an http:// address, which most us cut and paste which adds an (s) to the http. That will not go anywhere.
  4. There is one confusing part that is not well explained in the manual, and that is once you turn the vehicle back on and re-insert the map update USB, the screen does not give you a choice to select UPDATE. Just enter the activation code using the on screen keyboard (Very Clunky). You will see it enter underneath the top code. Be SURE you use caps, space, and dashes- in all of your entries.
  5. You will need your VIN and Cell Phone to take pictures of some the screens that give versions number etc. unless you have a memory for 16 different numbers.
  6. The directions for the most part, while complicated, are fairly clear. They could have done a much better job of providing screen shots in the manual. They are very, very hard to see!
  7. You can save yourself $$$$ by doing this yourself. RAM did a good job with this one!

Johnny_H

Reaction score
Can you tell any differences in features/performance? Or mostly just updated maps.

What I would love to see is a unconnect update with more than 3 bands on the equalizer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTRAMNV

Reaction score
I just received and successfully installed both the Uconnect Software Upgrade and the 2021 Nav Update. The instructions that come with the multiple USB thumb drives is very intimidating, but must be followed exactly as written!!!
Below is a simplistic breakdown of what you need to do/know;
  1. Must order for either 8" or 12" Uconnect screen
  2. Do not confuse the 2 USBs! One is the software update that must be completed 1st, and the second is the Nav update which is completed 2nd
  3. I had an issue going to the web site to get the activation code, but it was my fault. Enter the URL address exactly as they have it in the manual. It is an http:// address, which most us cut and paste which adds an (s) to the http. That will not go anywhere.
  4. There is one confusing part that is not well explained in the manual, and that is once you turn the vehicle back on and re-insert the map update USB, the screen does not give you a choice to select UPDATE. Just enter the activation code using the on screen keyboard (Very Clunky). You will see it enter underneath the top code. Be SURE you use caps, space, and dashes- in all of your entries.
  5. You will need your VIN and Cell Phone to take pictures of some the screens that give versions number etc. unless you have a memory for 16 different numbers.
  6. The directions for the most part, while complicated, are fairly clear. They could have done a much better job of providing screen shots in the manual. They are very, very hard to see!
  7. You can save yourself $$$$ by doing this yourself. RAM did a good job with this one!
Is it enough of an update/upgrade to be worth the money? If it's just a few map updates, I think I'll keep the $150 in my pocket until the next one.

Normond

Reaction score
I just installed my update yesterday but had to have Chrysler on the phone to help me get through the activation code issue. It updated but my speedometer font is different and I have to go thru all my navigation settings because I think they all defaulted to the new update. I did it because I have had my truck almost 3 years and will keep it till the 8 year ext warranty runs out. Nav. helped when we took out last two trips out in the country in Georgia while traveling and we had no cell signal for Waze. I don't like Google maps.. I figured I would bite the bullet...

Ldc2335

Reaction score
We need an Ota update for the dang themes not sticking in the gauge cluster. Goes back to default after two starts.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It says the engine must be running but does it have to be in park? Could I have it update the maps while driving? I have a 45-minute drive on Wednesday and that would be a good time for me to do it. I don't like my EcoDiesel just idling for 30 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread