5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seat ventilation - seatback not working

Reverse

Reaction score
I love the seat ventilation right now, but I don't think the seatback ventilation is working on the driver's side. Has anyone done any repairs to the ventilation? Is this something I could tackle myself instead of having some monkey at the dealership rip into it?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Like anything else on the truck, it's something you could tackle yourself if you have the skills and tools to do it. There is a thread someone posted where they added ventilated seats to their truck. And they give details about what they did. Pretty sure others have done it too. You might want to see if you can find it if you want to work on it yourself. I understand your hesitation in letting the dealership fix it, but I'd take it in if it's still under warranty. There's no guarantee I wouldn't mess something up LOL, and I'm sure the parts are not cheap.

mbridge1

Reaction score
I've never felt ventilation from the seat back. All I feel is from the bottom of the seat. Should we be feeling ventilation coming from the seat back?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The perforated areas of the seat and back are the areas that are ventilated. I didn't think it would be necessary to say that. Solid leather/vinyl won't allow air flow. So I figured that was obvious.

Reverse

Reaction score
perforated areas on my seats go way higher than lumbar - not sure what you guys are talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread