5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

seat mod "fold down"?

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yesterday my brother came over to help me take out the rear seats.the small one on the driver side is alright.one person can do it.but the the double one was a little much for me alone.all this was to install an amp but decided while they are out i might as well do the "Fold down"mod.i first used my drill motor but found my dremell wprked soooo much better (y) .that little device works fanstatic.fast ,accurate and clean.

Attachments

• 20210410_190836.jpg
    20210410_190836.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 100_1853.JPG
    100_1853.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 100_1854.JPG
    100_1854.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 100_1849.JPG
    100_1849.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 202

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I did that mod on the 2017 Rebel I used to own. Worked great, except I kept breaking the white plastic pieces in the hooks occasionally. I bought replacements from my dealership and just kept replacing them when I would find them broken. The seat would rattle a little bit if they aren't in there. Looks like they were redesigned for the 5th gens to be a little more durable. Hopefully they won't break for you.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did that mod on the 2017 Rebel I used to own. Worked great, except I kept breaking the white plastic pieces in the hooks occasionally. I bought replacements from my dealership and just kept replacing them when I would find them broken. The seat would rattle a little bit if they aren't in there. Looks like they were redesigned for the 5th gens to be a little more durable. Hopefully they won't break for you.

well the tabs arent all plastic 🤔 hope they do hold up and thanks for the tip (y)

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What’s the advantage of doing this? The seat bottoms fold up, giving you a flat floor a room for cargo, so what’s the benefit of having seat backs that fold down?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Nice! Is there a write up or instructions on this? Is there room to store things back there? I don’t have an etorque.

Last edited:

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! Is there a write up or instructions on this? Is there room to store things back there? I don’t have an etorque.
i dont have "Etorque"either. there are no instructions.i just got tips from guys on "Youtube"and especially here to give you tips.not hard.the only tough part for me was trying to get that long seat to the right out,its a little bit bigger :LOL: :LOL: . but other than that.really nothing to it👍

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just watched a few videos too. Can you actually put anything back there!Is it better to do the spacers? I hate to cut anything 😬

RiverRocket

Reaction score
On my limited they fold down, do they not all fold down? It is kind of a pain to reach back and grab the cord.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
On my limited they fold down, do they not all fold down? It is kind of a pain to reach back and grab the cord.
No they don’t. Only the reclining rear seats fold down from the factory. Another concern is after this mod, and you are driving with the seat bottoms up, will the seat backs fall forward or will everything stay in place?

Users who are viewing this thread