5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seat Covers

Nomad_haabs

Reaction score
We recently purchased a 2020 Ram 3500 crew cab and are looking for a cover for the back seat. We have a large dog and will be lifting the large side seat up so he can stand/sit on the floor. We are hoping to find something that will protect the rear seat and also the back of the front seats. Anyone have any recommendations?

Blandv

Reaction score
We recently purchased a 2020 Ram 3500 crew cab and are looking for a cover for the back seat. We have a large dog and will be lifting the large side seat up so he can stand/sit on the floor. We are hoping to find something that will protect the rear seat and also the back of the front seats. Anyone have any recommendations?
Same here. Both our 7 year old son and 4 month old but already 50lb Corso will be occupying the back.

Apettit13

Reaction score
While they are most definitely pricey, the Carhartt precision fit covers do an awesome job. They hold up great to my 140 pound Rott, and 100 pound pit bull. No rips or tears. I also got Carhartt seat back organizers to protect the backs of the front seats.

xcarolina

Reaction score
Not a recommendation *for*, but a recommendation against. Avoid Saddleman covers. Their site looks all nice and their reviews seem good, but I had a nightmare with them, the product and their customer service. Their site says you get custom covers and the illustrations show straps or buckles, but you get cheap thin velcro that's somehow supposed to stay affixed to the fabric under the seat. In addition, the covers didn't fit well and they sent the wrong headrest covers three separate times. I had to go through PayPal dispute to get a refund because they said I was out of my 30 day return window although it took them 40 days to even deliver the original order.

Stay away from them, save yourself the headache.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

JPP3

Reaction score
I have had several RAMs and have evolved to a solution that works for me with 3 dogs and no humans in the back seat. I went to TSC and picked up (2) of the 4' x 6' rubber stall mats (3/4" thick). I cut them down and lay them on top of the fold out floor that came with the truck, adding to the strength of the floor. I then lay 3 dog beds ( 30"X20"X3.5" ) on top of the rubber floor. Over that I lay some type of blanket that I can easily take in and out of the truck to clean it or replace it as needed with wear and tear. If the dogs are short it would be pretty easy to build a platform that sets between the 2 layers of rubber. This solution is not for everyone by any stretch, but since no one ever uses my backseat this works for me. It's super dog friendly and the rear area is pristine when I remove the install for sale at the end of my ownership.

Users who are viewing this thread