5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

seat covers that won't break the bank

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
looking for seat covers for my 21 ram but want something that won't break the bank. I have looked at covercraft but really don't see myself spending $350 for seat covers. weathertech is over $400. what is every using that is a cheaper option that isn't cheap sh*t?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
looking for seat covers for my 21 ram but want something that won't break the bank. I have looked at covercraft but really don't see myself spending $350 for seat covers. weathertech is over $400. what is every using that is a cheaper option that isn't cheap sh*t?
try this link

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure if you’re interested but I have the OEM black (sport) cloth interior for sale that is hydro-coated so it doesn’t stain and liquids just roll off. I took off the stock upholstery to install leather, but the stock black upholstery is in perfect condition. Was thinking $200 for everything.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to toss out Wet Okole, but they apparently don't make them for Ram. They may be too expensive, anyway.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In all seriousness, you get what you pay for. Stick with name brands, and while you might pay more, you will be happy for a long time.

I’ll give the example of my 1998 Land Cruiser that needed new leather interior. I ordered full perforated leather replacement covers from a company on eBay that had over 5000, 5-star reviews. They started cracking and coming apart after sitting inside a garage for a year and a half, with the only be used being the truck driven for a half hour once a month. Looking back, I should’ve paid double the money to not have to worry about it for another 20 years.

Kaderast

Reaction score
I put a set of cheap seat covers ($100 for front set, don't remember the brand) on my previous '14 Silverado right when I got it. Fit was garbage and they twisted around everywhere on the seat. Took them off after 3 months and got covercraft neoprene covers. 1000x better.

Currently have the covercraft spacer mesh covers on my '21 Bighorn. Yeah, they aren't cheap, but they fit damn good. Beware, I had to remove the back seats completely to get the rears on. Not a huge deal, but a bit of a hassle.

With kids and work, I trash seat covers. Better than trashing the actual seat.

Attachments

• 20210927_063751.jpg
    20210927_063751.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 62

skoold2003

Reaction score

So I ended up buying this set and they are awesome. They fit nearly perfect and look good. I’ll take some pics when I get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conundrum

Reaction score
I thought about getting a set to protect the leather seats in my Laramie. With work, I sometimes have stuff on me. Something I could just take off, throw in the wash, and put back on. A couple weeks ago, I left work and covered the seats with trash bags to be safe until I got home.

skoold2003

Reaction score
So I ended up buying this set and they are awesome. They fit nearly perfect and look good. I’ll take some pics when I get a chance.

With pics
8fd13cc9971c6cebba0c27d28b897b35.jpg

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
is neoprene soft to sit on?
Yup. I have real neoprene ones in my truck and they're great. They make a neoprene substitute that is cheaper and feels cheaper. Mine are 100% waterproof; you could pour a bottle of water on them and besides the water that absorbed into the outer layer the rest of the puddle would just sit there.

With seat covers, you really are going to get what you pay for. This thread looks for covers that are cheaper than a couple hundred bucks. On a $40k+ vehicle, it doesn't seem like bank breaking to spend $400 to keep the seats in good shape for many years.

Users who are viewing this thread