5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen brightness

strat41986

Reaction score
I love my 2020 Ram 1500 bighorn except for one thing....the 8.4 screen brightness makes absolutely no sense! When I have my headlights set to auto, only the "headlights off brightness" displays while the "on" one is grayed out. What doesn't make even more sense is even if my headlights are on, the "headlights on brightness" is still grayed out and the "off brightness" controls the display brightness. I know I can "click" the dimmer switch down one to get the "headlights on brightness" but then the instrument dials are not very bright and when it's daytime but raining, are very difficult to see. Why no one at Chrysler could get this right astonishes me....

GrinchKing05

Reaction score
I noticed this as well. It’s the only thing that annoys me about my Bighorn too. I drive in the dark early in the morning so I use that dimmer switch anyways. But it’s still annoying.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Auto headlights typically suck anyway and don’t come on in the more dangerous fringe lighting type scenarios. Easy solution, set the brightness at full unless your lights are on and manually turn your lights on.

St-na

Reaction score
Same with my 12" screen, very annoying. This dimmer is junk. I never had this problem on my 2014Ram with 8.4".

Users who are viewing this thread