5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saw a TRX driving the other day....

Turaco

Reaction score
And it was a humbling experience. The truck seemed really tall and super wide, with big letters spelling R A M in the tailgate.
I turned off the volume in my truck to hear the sound of the TRX at the light we were stopped at and it sounded devilish, the driver was flooring it, and it was moving.
From the side, I noticed the side mirrors came out pretty far from the the doors and the tires look huge.
Needless to say, everyone looking at this truck will know immediately that it’s a super truck, no mistaking that. It looked and sounded amazing. Unfortunately I didnt take any pictures as it was night time, also never got to see the front end, but regardless, seeing one in person was a cool experience.

Jrex

Reaction score
Until you see it on the road and next to another vehicle, is when it really stands out.

Pictures and even video dont do it justice. It jaw dropping, from the height: TRX.

Pic: Next to full size SUV, Infiniti QX80: The roof height of QX80 only comes up mid windshield of TRX (top red line). The QX80 hood only comes up to TRX front quarter panel molding( lower red line). The extra 4" each fender slopes out to cover the 35" tires makes it 8" wider than normal RAM 1500.

1613040697103.png

TRX basically has a late 5th generation viper(2016-2017) hood on it, which is super aggressive/distinctive and the ACR/TA vipers had the flow thru grill for increased air flow and even flow thru front bumper air dams to funnel cool air to the brakes. They already had a wining design for air flow in 2017, they just applied to the TRX.

1613040501350.png

1613040235077.png

I would have to say the TRX is the Viper of trucks. Simply amazing, from inside out.

Driving impressions:

When I first picked it from dealer, the service department had accidentally put it into BAJA mode, during prep. Because when I first hit it full throttle, out of the gas station, my first impression was, its fast for a truck. But not shockingly fast (it was in max traction, sand mode). During the 4 hour drive home with cruise on 76 MPH, I got board of watching everyone come flying up to take a look or just blowing by at a 100 trying to get a race. Its amazing how it changes how the people behind you drive. They can tell its something different, never seen before and they rush up to get a glimpse of the unknown. Then its HOLLY ******.

I started playing with the TRX dash button, cycling thru all the modes options, I realized it wasn't set to full pavement Stomp N Chomp mode (maybe service did that on purpose), when you put that thing in sport mode, it changes the gearing and adjusts power to the wheels, because when I floored it on highway at 65 MPH, within a few seconds, I zinged by all the cars ahead of me and they were about a half mile behind me. I looked at heads up display and dash speedo, it said 115 MPH. Vicious Acceleration.

The craziest thing is, it did not feel like we were driving over 80 MPH at 115 MPH, its so smooth and quiet with adaptive dynamic computer controlled suspension.

FYI: If you attempt to change lanes at full throttle, be ready for some under-steer. Its a big truck. But it was easy to control, just let off throttle a little, dont counter steer.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw a few on the back of a semi the other day headed to dealer lots. It was really cool to see. An awesome truck

Turaco

Reaction score
@Jrex Thanks for posting your first impressions. Congrats and enjoy your new truck!
Driving through my neighborhood today, I saw a TRX parked in one of the driveways, I couldn’t believe it, lol. When the weather gets a little warmer here in Michigan I will try to get a closer look at the beast.

Users who are viewing this thread