5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarasota FL

Autoplay

Reaction score
First off,I would like to express my gratitude to this forum,and the members of such. It’s been a great help to I,in regards to decision making of truck,along with helpful info of good and bad stuff regarding the new 2019 builds.

Have owned four dodge rams(the 19 being the fourth)over the years,starting with a 2001 1/2 ton 360. 2nd was a 2004 3/4 ton with 5.7 hemi(daughter still driving it to this day,with over 220,000 miles) The 3rd was a 2014 1/2 ton with 5.7 hemi.

Current truck,which is in my signature,has performed flawlessly(minus some quirks with Uconnect system). Has 800 miles on it as of 11-4-19. Averaging almost 19 mph,and that’s a little bit of city driving too. The fit and finish looks great! The second and third day after purchase,I washed,clay barred,and wax paint,detailed all chrome,and cleaned all glass areas. That being said,I was able to go over exterior of truck from front to bottom,and see any issues that might be present. Only thing I observed,was a clear coat blemish,on top of hood. It’s very very hard to see,and the dealer had a very hard time seeing it(has to be in the correct light,sunlight for example makes it invisible). Documented it with dealer,and can have hood reshot,anytime within the warranty period,if I so choose. I’ll probably leave it as I don’t wanna open up another can of worms.

Lastly,if i’m Looking at the door build specs correctly....it shows a build date of 09-09-03. Is the 03 the time,and if so,is that 3am,3pm etc?

Thx,
Respectfully,Autoplay

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome... just up the road a couple of hours from you. Was that 19mpg mostly highway?

Autoplay

Reaction score
It was about 70% highway,30% rural/country roads. I reset it yesterday,prior to going from Sarasota to Immokalee. Was a tad of bumper to bumper in road construction after exiting freeway. Made two stops for coffee,which cut into gas mileage. Was babying it,on return trip to Sarasota.

Prior to reset,was a tad over 14 mpg.

IMO,it will improve,as injun and other things breaking in,and possibly,computer from factory limits things until it reaches “X” mileage. I have same injun as 14 ram,same driveline etc.....and averaged almost 19 mpg,city/highway.

knightro84

Reaction score
Hey Autoplay, I'm in Palmetto but work in Lakewood Ranch - maybe I'll see ya on the road!

The date of manufacture should be on the left part of the white sticker in the door jamb with "Date of MFR: MM-YY" Then on the right side of the sticker it will say "MDH: MMDDHH" - if it MDH listed is 090903, then yes your truck was built at 3AM on 9/9. The factory works two shifts a day - 6AM to 4:30PM and 6PM to 4:30AM.

Where did you buy your truck?

Autoplay

Reaction score
Worked in LWR years ago when it was busy busy there building(I’m a tile/stone mason). Currently doing remodel work in the area,along with occasionally working in CA on high end pools.

Door sticker conveys what you stated,so it was built during dark thirty lol.

After looking at various dealers in my area,and looking at internet,I settled on a dealer in Tampa. They had the truck in stock I was looking at,along with the terms I was looking for. I wanted to go with Sunset dodge here in Sarasota,but they had zero 4x4’s in stock. The service at Sunset dodge has been great over the years,so that’s where I’ll be going,when need be.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome. We have an 03 Hemi and a 99 V10 that are still clipping away at the miles too

Thanks for joining us

Users who are viewing this thread