5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad how few tire size choices there are for 22" rims

MilehighRam

Reaction score
The stock tires on these 5th gens seem sad; they dont look proportional to the wheel well/truck. Im looking to get larger tires (ones that do well in Denver weather) but are severely limited on anything in a 22" rim size. Im contemplating buying aftermarket 20" rims to gain more options. Sad that this has to be the case. Ok, im done ranting.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
May not help you now with your quest it was the same story when the 20s came out.
Since you are in Denver and face the occasional bouts of winter driving, you might appreciate having 20s which is what our trucks came out in early 2019 anyway.

I tried to get my dealer to switch the 22s back to 20s but he refused. An extra set of snow rims with TOMS might not be a bad idea for you.

Just give it a little time, within probably six months they’ll be a couple more choices. As each manufacturer goes to 22s on their trucks, demand will drive supply. It’s never the other way around.

MilehighRam

Reaction score
May not help you now with your quest it was the same story when the 20s came out.
Since you are in Denver and face the occasional bouts of winter driving, you might appreciate having 20s which is what our trucks came out in early 2019 anyway.

I tried to get my dealer to switch the 22s back to 20s but he refused. An extra set of snow rims with TOMS might not be a bad idea for you.

Just give it a little time, within probably six months they’ll be a couple more choices. As each manufacturer goes to 22s on their trucks, demand will drive supply. It’s never the other way around.
Im thinking of hanging on to these tires till next fall. If there's more options, ill be ecstatic!

Reaction score
Go to tirerack. They have some TOYO Open Country AT II's. I like the 325/50R22 size. They are the same brand that was used on the 15/16 Rebels. I ran these for 97K miles on my 16 Rebel. They last a long time. I also have the same opinion you do about the factory tires. They are whimpy and look like they would get me stuck on a dry dirt road. Hard to stomach the pricing @ $536 a tire...

Users who are viewing this thread