5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S&B vs Volant CAI

Maxram

Reaction score
About the pull the trigger on a CAI. I'm stuck between S&B and Volant. I know many of you have S&B's. Not sure anyone has a Volant yet? Help me decide fellas!

Lit_AF

Hardware Geek - Pro Detailer
Reaction score
Honestly, its all personal preference.
I kinda lean towards fully molded plastic (no metal parts for heat-soak) and filter media for flow.
Personally tried S&B on the Ram, Volant (Powercore) on my other Chevy. I like the S&B more.
If you're planning on running a oil catch can from billet technologies, look else where, CAI box is massive and it wont clear.

Last edited:

Maxram

Reaction score
Honestly, its all personal preference.
I kinda lean towards full molded plastic (no metal parts for head-soak) and filter media for flow.
Personally tried S&B on the Ram, Volant (Power-core one) tried it on my other Chevy. I like the S&B more.
If you're planning on running a oil catch can from billet technologies, look else where, CAI box is massive and it wont clear.
Thanks! Seems like a lot of people like the S&B from what I've read. I'm planning on running a mishimoto catch can. I think it mounts to the front off the back side of the radiator, so I thought that should clear.

Lit_AF

Hardware Geek - Pro Detailer
Reaction score
Thanks! Seems like a lot of people like the S&B from what I've read. I'm planning on running a mishimoto catch can. I think it mounts to the front off the back side of the radiator, so I thought that should clear.

Yessir, I can confirm that it clears without the tube rubber hoses rubbin' too. (y)

Captain Stack

Reaction score
I love my S & B CAI. The growl when you get into the pedal is worth it alone.

Good Luck!

Captain Stack

Reaction score
Awesome! Looking for some added growl to go along with my Carven Exhaust and Pulsar.
Let us know if you have any trouble with the Pulsar. They are sending me a replacement unit for my Pulsar because it was throwing codes and accelerating the truck on its own.

Maxram

Reaction score
Let us know if you have any trouble with the Pulsar. They are sending me a replacement unit for my Pulsar because it was throwing codes and accelerating the truck on its own.
I've had it on for a little over a month with zero issues, knock on wood lol

Maxram

Reaction score
just ordered the S&B, hard to swallow a bill for over 700 bucks on the ram airflow to be honest.
Yup I'm with ya! No way I'm dropping that much on a CAI regardless of the cool factor. Hell, for not much more you can have a true ram air hood with an intake tied into it.

Users who are viewing this thread