5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rusty/Corrosion DASH Frame !!! on my Brand New 2019 Ram Laramie Normal?

smokinjo36jt

Reaction score
I was sold a Brand New 2019 New Body Style Ram Laramie and it was sold to me with a Rust/Corrosion Parts

Truck was Manufactured July 2019 Sold to Me as Brand New On March 20 2020.

I am concerned about the Rust/Corrosion found on the joints and welds.

Zoom into the photos to see it better. (I left the photos untouched)

Yes this area of the truck in not normally looked at and the placement makes it difficult to see and take pictures but the Rust/Corrosion is there through the entire dash frame.

The Dash Reinforced Beam ( it's the metal part behind in which the dash is mounted too)

To check yours open either driver or passenger door and pop off the plastic dash end cap.

Anyone willing to help me on this one ?

Please look at your Truck directly above the Gas and Brake Pedal and Take a photo and share it.
Thank you STR for being the first I really Appreciate this help (I am a visual person)

(this was my very first time using this website wasn't too sure how to use it. I have fixed a few things now and added picture here)

Thank you

IMG_3508.jpg IMG_3509.jpg
IMG_3543.jpg IMG_3545.jpg IMG_3546.jpg IMG_3549.jpg

Last edited:

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was sold a Brand New 2019 New Body Style Ram Laramie and it was sold to me with a Rusty Part

The Dash Reinforced Beam ( it'ss the metal part behind in which the dash is mounted too)

To check yours open either driver or passanger door and pop off the plasitc dash end cap.

I was told this is normal and not covered by warranty ... I am not worried about warranty and this point I am upset it was never mentioned at time of purchase if it a know issues and it how Ram makes trucks.

Any one willing to help me on this one ?

Thank you

If that worry you, then you will surprise how much surface rush you will see when you look under the truck.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was sold a Brand New 2019 New Body Style Ram Laramie and it was sold to me with a Rusty Part

The Dash Reinforced Beam ( it'ss the metal part behind in which the dash is mounted too)

To check yours open either driver or passanger door and pop off the plasitc dash end cap.

I was told this is normal and not covered by warranty ... I am not worried about warranty and this point I am upset it was never mentioned at time of purchase if it a know issues and it how Ram makes trucks.

Thank you

Hi @smokinjo36jt - Please know that our team is always just a private message away and we are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support as you work with your dealer for any concerns.

Mark
RamCares

Cruising

Reaction score

Thank you

Cruising

Reaction score
You could call Ram Customer Assistance and they may be able to escalate your case with the dealer
(1-866-726-4636 USA) but meanwhile could we see a picture of it.

Boston

Reaction score
It may be new to you but I’ve seen unregistered 19’s on lots what were built a year ago.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Completely normal, being an interior part that’s not normally seen it’s not protected well. Just about every vehicle is like this, it’s just surface rust from humidity and doesn’t actually hurt anything.

STR

Reaction score
Yup, normal. I’ve seen this on many vehicles while mod’ing stereos, adding off-road lights, changing fuses, etc. You’ll see surface rust on most unpainted metal inside and outside the truck. Moisture + oxygen + iron = rust/iron oxide. Yes, there is moisture in the air in the cabin, which is elevated when using the AC.

smokinjo36jt

Reaction score
Completely normal, being an interior part that’s not normally seen it’s not protected well. Just about every vehicle is like this, it’s just surface rust from humidity and doesn’t actually hurt anything.

IMG_3508.jpg IMG_3509.jpg IMG_3541.jpg IMG_3542.jpg IMG_3543.jpg IMG_3544.jpg IMG_3545.jpg IMG_3546.jpg IMG_3548.jpg
Several Photos have been posted .... are you unable to see them?
If that worry you, then you will surprise how much surface rush you will see when you look under the truck.
My Engine Block is all rusty I have seen that before to me that's cast iron and will have rust. Sure it being a 100% new Truck didn't expect it but I get it. The inside rust. This I have never seen before.
Hi @smokinjo36jt - Please know that our team is always just a private message away and we are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support as you work with your dealer for any concerns.

Mark
RamCares
My Dealer is claiming its normal and not a warranty issues. I am not even at a warranty issues state of mind I am at WTF wasn't I shown and told about this before buying this Truck if its a know issues. It should be disclosed to me at point of sale. Truck is 2 month old found the rust during my Dash Cam installation.
I have noticed this on other makes of vehicles I've had, I think it's normal.
Did you notice it 2 months after purchase or several months years after ownership?
You could call Ram Customer Assistance and they may be able to escalate your case with the dealer
(1-866-726-4636 USA) but meanwhile could we see a picture of it.
are you unable to see pictures also?

i might have posted them incorrectly
but this is sold to me as a new truck 2 months old. It was built
This was sold to like this 2 month old ne
This is a brand new Truck 2 month old only 3600 km 2236 miles it was built and sold to me this way
Yup, normal. I’ve seen this on many vehicles while mod’ing stereos, adding off-road lights, changing fuses, etc. You’ll see surface rust on most unpainted metal inside and outside the truck. Moisture + oxygen + iron = rust/iron oxide. Yes, there is moisture in the air in the cabin, which is elevated when using the AC.
Normal on a brand new truck?

I have only driven it 20 times .... it was sold to me brand new like this.

having difficulties wrapping my head around this .... that a brand new truck would be like this

having difficulties wrapping my head around this .... that a brand new truck would be like this.

Attachments

• IMG_3549.jpg
    IMG_3549.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 37

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
View attachment 58193 View attachment 58194 View attachment 58195 View attachment 58196 View attachment 58197 View attachment 58198 View attachment 58199 View attachment 58200 View attachment 58201

Several Photos have been posted .... are you unable to see them?

My Engine Block is all rusty I have seen that before to me that's cast iron and will have rust. Sure it being a 100% new Truck didn't expect it but I get it. The inside rust. This I have never seen before.

My Dealer is claiming its normal and not a warranty issues. I am not even at a warranty issues state of mind I am at WTF wasn't I shown and told about this before buying this Truck if its a know issues. It should be disclosed to me at point of sale. Truck is 2 month old found the rust during my Dash Cam installation.

Did you notice it 2 months after purchase or several months years after ownership?

are you unable to see pictures also?

i might have posted them incorrectly

but this is sold to me as a new truck 2 months old. It was built

This was sold to like this 2 month old ne

This is a brand new Truck 2 month old only 3600 km 2236 miles it was built and sold to me this way

having difficulties wrapping my head around this .... that a brand new truck would be like this

having difficulties wrapping my head around this .... that a brand new truck would be like this.
Thanks for posting these. Hugely helpful.
‘No. This is def NOT normal. The extensive rust here is very concerning.

STR

Reaction score
Yes, pics are helpful, which shows a lot more rust than I had expected. I wouldn’t be happy either. This goes beyond the superficial oxidation, and is actually pitting. Perhaps take it to a diffent dealership, or contact FCA w/these pics... There seems to be a lot of moisture in the cabin. I’d check for leaks... wet carpet.

smokinjo36jt

Reaction score
Surface rust is one thing but the rust I am showing and care about is on every weld and joint.

please zoom into my photos to see it.

Look at joints and welds

STR

Reaction score
... I just looked under the dash of my ‘20 Rebel, and there is a limited amount of rust as expected, but I’m sure it’ll get worse over time. I’m not going to worry about it, but certain that there will be some level of rust in these areas for everyone. Don’t believe me... look :p As such, I highly doubt that Ram/FCA will do anything.
1991555A-15BC-45DF-962D-4AE2174704B7.jpeg

smokinjo36jt

Reaction score
... I just looked under the dash of my ‘20 Rebel, and there is a limited amount of rust as expected, but I’m sure it’ll get worse over time. I’m not going to worry about it, but certain that there will be some level of rust in these areas for everyone. Don’t believe me... look :p As such, I highly doubt that Ram/FCA will do anything.
View attachment 58253
Thank you for looking and sharing your picture.

This is exactly what I am looking for.

Picture from other peoples trucks

Yours I would definitely consider normal but mine on the other had.

Its difficult to call all my rust normal on mine.

STR

Reaction score
^^^ No problem. While I said it doesn’t bother me... I hate rust! FWIW, I applied a metal cleaner/polish and it wiped right off. I won’t be looking under there again unless I have to :LOL:

I also noticed that my pumpkin and rear axle had some surface rust when I was under there installing an exhaust system. Soooooo... I painted them. Looks brand new now. Wait, what? It was brand new :p

ac1dd

Reaction score
NOT NORMAL AT ALL...that is some serious rusting and pitting especially on fasteners that may or may not be related to the safety aspects of the vehicle and compromise them. It almost looks like possible flood damage?

smokinjo36jt

Reaction score
NOT NORMAL AT ALL...that is some serious rusting and pitting especially on fasteners that may or may not be related to the safety aspects of the vehicle and compromise them.

NOT NORMAL AT ALL...that is some serious rusting and pitting especially on fasteners that may or may not be related to the safety aspects of the vehicle and compromise them. It almost looks like possible flood damage?
Thank you for your feedback

I am not happy about buying a brand new truck that looks like this already.

I took my truck into a private mechanic and he wasn’t happy that they even call or consider this to be a new truck.

New means new no rust !!!

sure rust will form in time if your not careful but as the vehicle owner it’s on you if that happens or not based on your level of care for your own vehicle.

he thinks the dealership (or transportation company who transported the truck ) something like this happened for moisture to enter the truck to cause this, or the factory installed a rusty part and didn’t care.

Users who are viewing this thread