5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running engine noise

Duran

Reaction score
While running i have a squeaking noise while running. Maybe my expectations for this 2020 is to high and want it to be silent or do i just have high expectations.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hmm, I have no squeaks with my 2020. If it is just while the engine is running, you might have a noisy belt, bad tensioner, bad idler pull, or some other bearing issue.

Duran

Reaction score
Wondering what normal running engine is on this year truck.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Wondering what normal running engine is on this year truck.
I don't understand your question. As I said, mine has no squeaks. My engine makes no noise except what a normal engine sounds like. If mine had a squeak, I'd fix it.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Location of the squeak? Is this while sitting in park or driving down the road?

Duran

Reaction score
I get q continuous squeak on the bottom side of the engine and it dies down a bit after it watms up but as i drive i still can hear it.

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Grab a spray bottle of something. Water is good, If you have no empties, try Windex. Something. Then slide under the truck while its running and squeaking and spray the belt. The noise may disappear or it may get worse. But if it changes, you know it is external and has something to do with the belt. Maybe a bad idler bearing, a weak tensioner, a glazed belt, something.

Duran

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Ill do it today

Users who are viewing this thread