5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country with Ridge Grapplers

mjharden

Reaction score
Someone was asking for pics of tire setups in another thread, so I thought I would post a photo of my truck here for them to see.

I’m running Nitto Ridge Grapplers (295/60/20) on my stock wheels under the Rough Country 3.5” lift kit. I personally liked the look of the factory wheels, so I kept them.

Let me know what you think! 90C6604D-1C18-4D00-A9C1-3A8B7C7C5E1F.jpeg 8E0714F5-7F6A-4D6F-8EF3-8D9933E8E5EB.jpeg

RamRebel19

Reaction score
Looks good! How's the RC setup working out for you? I've used their stuff before and had a lot of squeaking and wasn't overall satisfied. This was years ago so hopefully they are better now than they were. I went with a Fabtech 6" kit and will be installing it next week. I have a set of 35" Ridge Grapplers going on it after the lift is installed.

mjharden

Reaction score
Looks good! How's the RC setup working out for you? I've used their stuff before and had a lot of squeaking and wasn't overall satisfied. This was years ago so hopefully they are better now than they were. I went with a Fabtech 6" kit and will be installing it next week. I have a set of 35" Ridge Grapplers going on it after the lift is installed.
So far, so good! No squeaks yet. Really not much going on with the kit other than spacers and new upper control arms. Rides basically the same as before.

Bellpa

Reaction score
Absolutely LOVE it! Of course, I’m a little biased since I have the same truck with a 2” RC kit. Still trying to decide on the best tire size to put on my stock 20’s. Any advice since doing your setup?

mjharden

Reaction score
Absolutely LOVE it! Of course, I’m a little biased since I have the same truck with a 2” RC kit. Still trying to decide on the best tire size to put on my stock 20’s. Any advice since doing your setup?
Yeah, I would say if you just have the leveling kit, you may want to verify with RC on what will fit. I know with the 3.5” you can run 295/65’s, which are what I have. I could be wrong, but you may have to go down one size with the 2” leveling kit.

mjharden

Reaction score
I'm torn between the softer 4-ply in a 275 or the stiffer 10-ply of a 285.
Oh, I gotcha. I’ve only ever had E rated 10-ply, so I can’t speak to how different the ride would be. All I know is that it’s not so different that I really notice between the stock Falkens that came on the truck.

Bellpa

Reaction score
Oh, I gotcha. I’ve only ever had E rated 10-ply, so I can’t speak to how different the ride would be. All I know is that it’s not so different that I really notice between the stock Falkens that came on the truck.
Good to know, thank you.

EJanx07

Reaction score
I'll probably just go with 275/60/20s for now. Love the look of your truck.

Any updates on you Tire size you chose? I’m having a FabTech 2” level kit put on my truck, and I’m trying to figure out which size tire to put on mine. Can you post pics?

Bellpa

Reaction score
I went with 275/60/20s.

Attachments

• IMG_0839.jpg
    IMG_0839.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0841.jpg
    IMG_0841.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0842.jpg
    IMG_0842.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0844.jpg
    IMG_0844.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 87

Hotrod ram

Reaction score
Someone was asking for pics of tire setups in another thread, so I thought I would post a photo of my truck here for them to see.

I’m running Nitto Ridge Grapplers (295/60/20) on my stock wheels under the Rough Country 3.5” lift kit. I personally liked the look of the factory wheels, so I kept them.

Let me know what you think! View attachment 9824 View attachment 9823
Thx dude. That's exactly what I needed to see. Been trying to decide if I wanted to go with the 3.5 lift. Ur truck made my decision. Looks amazing. Did a 6in before and was just not practical with everyday. But that is right where I want it to be now. How's the ride? Any change since?

Hotrod ram

Reaction score
Sorry should've kept reading. Glad to hear the ride stays the same. That's why I bought the truck. Rides better than any I've ever driven

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far, so good! No squeaks yet. Really not much going on with the kit other than spacers and new upper control arms. Rides basically the same as before.
What was your reasoning to pick that over the 3.5in Readylift kit?

CallMeChris

Reaction score
Yeah, I would say if you just have the leveling kit, you may want to verify with RC on what will fit. I know with the 3.5” you can run 295/65’s, which are what I have. I could be wrong, but you may have to go down one size with the 2” leveling kit.

RC is saying 295/60/20 is max size for the 2” leveling kit.

7B3EEAEE-B900-4627-94D9-9F2F7D02BEEF.png

SB89

Reaction score
Any updates on you Tire size you chose? I’m having a FabTech 2” level kit put on my truck, and I’m trying to figure out which size tire to put on mine. Can you post pics?
Did you ever get the FabTech level installed? I think that's what I'm going to go with myself, and add 275/60R20 Ridge Grapplers.

EJanx07

Reaction score
Did you ever get the FabTech level installed? I think that's what I'm going to go with myself, and add 275/60R20 Ridge Grapplers.
No, I’ve decided to wait for Bilstein to put out some Adjustable Struts/shocks instead of using spacers....

Users who are viewing this thread