5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country speedometer calibrator

Usa450r

Reaction score
I purchased the Rough Country calibrator and completed the install today. It was very easy and took approximately 5 minutes. I now want to check for accuracy. What app do you recommend to check and see how accurate your speedo is?

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
I would think you could pretty much use any "speedometer" related app on your smartphone. I can't remember what I've used in the past, but pretty much, any of them would be just fine for reference or comparison purposes. Google maps seems to have this feature now as well.

Usa450r

Reaction score
Checked my speedometer calibration via GPS app. I was off by a few mph on a setting at 34.75” tires. I set the Rough Country calibration to 34” tires and rechecked with GPS. Now my mph is spot on. Process took less than 5 minutes.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I would think you could pretty much use any "speedometer" related app on your smartphone. I can't remember what I've used in the past, but pretty much, any of them would be just fine for reference or comparison purposes. Google maps seems to have this feature now as well.

Spot on L6A. You're going to the island... :p

Users who are viewing this thread