5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Leveling Struts- early review

Kibro2

Reaction score
In my quest to level up my Rebel, I didn’t find much on the forums specifically on RC strut assemblies, so I thought I’d share my experience so far. I installed yesterday and was a very straight forward experience to take off factory strut assemblies and replace with RC units. Size of strut, springs and mounts look very similar to the Billstein’s. Fit and quality appear to be equal and I can say ride quality is very good with just a tad more stiffness than factory. Body roll is much less and feels better planted than stock. Overall very happy with stance, ride and feel with this set up. Many good reviews online but nothing on the forums, so thought I’d share incase someone else is looking for a little less expensive option to 5100’s or 6100’s. I’m no heavy off-roader but like the fact these complete units don’t compromise articulation and being 2” level, upper control arm change was not necessary. Hope this helps anyone looking for some additional options.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Those are a 2" level for standard Ram 1500s. On a Rebel or a Ram with the ORG it is only a 1" level.
The Bilstein 5100 and 6100 models use the Rebel or ORG spring to get a full 2" level if set at position 5 (max). So you are about half of that.

Kibro2

Reaction score
Those are a 2" level for standard Ram 1500s. On a Rebel or a Ram with the ORG it is only a 1" level.
The Bilstein 5100 and 6100 models use the Rebel or ORG spring to get a full 2" level if set at position 5 (max). So you are about half of that.
Correct it was only an additional 1” lift to current stock heights which is now perfectly level at 40” front and rear from ground to center of fenders. Thx

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Correct it was only an additional 1” lift to current stock heights which is now perfectly level at 40” front and rear from ground to center of fenders. Thx
Hmmm.....the rear of your Rebel is lower than most or those struts will settle down. Rebels or ORG trucks generally need 2 to 2.25" to get level.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm.....the rear of your Rebel is lower than most or those struts will settle down. Rebels or ORG trucks generally need 2 to 2.25" to get level.

So out of curiosity, I measured my ~2 year old Rebel
I got 38in to the front fenders, 40in at the rear.

I wonder if it was more like the 2.25in difference when new!

Users who are viewing this thread