5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country Level Kit... 2" strut kit or spacers?

bnreed3

Reaction score
1601394330678.png 1601394358148.png
Which one would you recommend? Strut kit about $350, while the spacers are about $50. I am assuming the strut kit would perform better since it isn't compressing the shocks like the spacers would be.

Hmebuildr

Reaction score
The spacers are not compressing the shocks you are just adding them to the top of the shock if your not going to be doing a lot of offroading then the spacers will work fine but you loose down travel and can damage the shock if your bottoming the shock spacers aer more for a on road look.

If your going to be doing a lot of offroading then go with the strut kit this will increase suspension travel unlike the spacer.

You will find a lot of good info here https://www.shocksurplus.com/pages/lifted-and-leveling-struts-vs-strut-spacers

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put readylift spacers that go on top of the strut assembly and it rides the same as it did before. Just be careful not to buy preload spacers, those spacers are installed on top of the spring and compress the spring and will affect ride quality

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread