5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roof plastic rails

hughey79

Reaction score
Had the truck a week and now the noises are coming into play and well Im paranoid/ocd. Are these suppose to have a small amount of play at the windshield? Mine I can push down about 1/8 inch. Just curious if its normal.

Attachments

• 71731ADE-4216-4F0E-A346-4EC098BA42DA.jpeg
    71731ADE-4216-4F0E-A346-4EC098BA42DA.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 58

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed it as well on mine .. was waiting for FCA to reply to my inquiries -- thought it had to do with the pano roof drains (was trying to track down the leak on my floor for the body shop).

I thought about putting a dab of black RTV just underneath to make sure they stay in place and don't rattle.

hughey79

Reaction score
I thought mine were rattling as well but wasn't sure if I should leave them be or try to secure them some how also. Thanks for your response.

BadAspSVT

Reaction score
Had the truck a week and now the noises are coming into play and well Im paranoid/ocd. Are these suppose to have a small amount of play at the windshield? Mine I can push down about 1/8 inch. Just curious if its normal.

Mine are the same I noticed on day 1. But I have not noticed any negative issues as a result (yet)

Users who are viewing this thread