5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Road force balance question.

Cease11

Reaction score
Hey guys quick question. I’m looking to road force balance my tires. Will light off roading throw the balance off? I don’t want to keep re doing them. It’s not as cheap

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
If you scrape a weight off, you'll need to rebalance. Likewise if you get a hug gob of mud clinging inside the wheel it will throw everything off.Bashing the tire hard on rocks could damage the belts and change the road force. Just driving on dirt shouldn't do anything. It should go without saying that bending a wheel will mess up the balance, but I'll put it out here anyway. :)

Cease11

Reaction score
If you scrape a weight off, you'll need to rebalance. Likewise if you get a hug gob of mud clinging inside the wheel it will throw everything off.Bashing the tire hard on rocks could damage the belts and change the road force. Just driving on dirt shouldn't do anything. It should go without saying that bending a wheel will mess up the balance, but I'll put it out here anyway. :)
yeah I think I’ll just stick to dirt roads! Just did the forced balance. Way better feel than a normal high speed tire balance

R

Rob5589

No. Unless you throw a weight, slip a bead, bend a rim, or have mud build up.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Hey guys quick question. I’m looking to road force balance my tires. Will light off roading throw the balance off? I don’t want to keep re doing them. It’s not as cheap
You having balance issues already?

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Yeah I was getting some slight vibration after switching out my wheels and tires even though they had balanced them.
Can you run hub centric rings with the vectors? I know those wheels are lug centric.

Cease11

Reaction score
Can you run hub centric rings with the vectors? I know those wheels are lug centric.
After reading a few posts, I’m thinking it can even be the MDS kicking in and causing vibrations. I’m gonna try leaving it in 8th gear and see what that does. Man these trucks are picky!! I came from a Tacoma and never had anything go wrong! Lol. Of course this is a way nicer truck though.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
After reading a few posts, I’m thinking it can even be the MDS kicking in and causing vibrations. I’m gonna try leaving it in 8th gear and see what that does. Man these trucks are picky!! I came from a Tacoma and never had anything go wrong! Lol. Of course this is a way nicer truck though.
I always turn mine off for that reason. Sometimes I don't notice it and other times I do, that's why I just keep it off now.

Users who are viewing this thread