5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RMT Overland

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Came across this video this morning, and if you look closely there's a 5th Gen all kitted out in the mix with other trucks.

Linked in the video description is the link to the company prototyping the trucks in the video... RMT Overland... who looks to be making some really cool components including a front bumper/skid plate that's winch capable and rock sliders. Seems like they want to go the AEV route and make complete trucks with warranties, but maybe they'll sell the bumpers, etc., individually some day.

Sounds like this company is in the development stages with their stuff, but something to keep an eye out for. Currently don't seem to be a lot of options for things like rock sliders for us, so this would be a welcome addition off-road/overland products for the 5th gen 1500.

Figured I'd share it since it's the first time I've heard of them. I have zero connection to them and only know what I just stumbled across. I do like some of the things I've seen so far though.
1581794978586.png

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Came across this video this morning, and if you look closely there's a 5th Gen all kitted out in the mix with other trucks.

Linked in the video description is the link to the company prototyping the trucks in the video... RMT Overland... who looks to be making some really cool components including a front bumper/skid plate that's winch capable and rock sliders. Seems like they want to go the AEV route and make complete trucks with warranties, but maybe they'll sell the bumpers, etc., individually some day.

Sounds like this company is in the development stages with their stuff, but something to keep an eye out for. Currently don't seem to be a lot of options for things like rock sliders for us, so this would be a welcome addition off-road/overland products for the 5th gen 1500.

Figured I'd share it since it's the first time I've heard of them. I have zero connection to them and only know what I just stumbled across. I do like some of the things I've seen so far though.
View attachment 46733
Thanks for finding and sharing. I like that front bumper!

Mdinana

Reaction score
I'm digging that bumper too.

Long ago I had a Tacoma and dreams of overlanding with it. Now, with a 1500, that dream is mostly dead (making 2 kids didn't help that one ... til they're older ... ). But the lack of options for truck armor and whatnot is a bit depressing. Plus, it's just a big bloody truck for some of those things.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed... no hardcore overlanding for me anytime soon. But I would like to make some mods over time... and day dreaming is nice. Like I said, it's nice to see more options coming to market, even if it's way to slow.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Finally, a bumper that looks pretty good. Looks heavy though and I don't see a need for front bumper armor other than a good skid plate. A simple tubular baja style bumper with a winch mount and skid plate would be ideal for me. Until then I'll stick with my chopped OEM bumper and hidden winch mount.

For those looking for sliders; check out white knuckle offroad. Quality pieces and have already saved my truck multiple times from damage.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally, a bumper that looks pretty good. Looks heavy though and I don't see a need for front bumper armor other than a good skid plate. A simple tubular baja style bumper with a winch mount and skid plate would be ideal for me. Until then I'll stick with my chopped OEM bumper and hidden winch mount.

For those looking for sliders; check out white knuckle offroad. Quality pieces and have already saved my truck multiple times from damage.
You're not really going to get an argument from me. I just like seeing alternatives... any alternative... coming to market. Case and point are the rock sliders with White Knuckle being the only real sliders on the market for the 1500 at the moment, correct? Competition could be a good thing.

I too like that bumper, aesthetically at least. That said, doesn't it look as though the winch and fair-lead are low? Could be the picture, but it looks a little off to me.

So are there question marks? Sure. At least they're trying to put out unique products to meet a need where there aren't many options. Hopefully it's a sign that more companies will be following suit.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that, always good to see new ideas on the market!

I think the Mr.T's-Haircut roof racks are growing on me, the side profile is nice, the front could use a lightbar to break up the flatness

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
You're not really going to get an argument from me. I just like seeing alternatives... any alternative... coming to market. Case and point are the rock sliders with White Knuckle being the only real sliders on the market for the 1500 at the moment, correct? Competition could be a good thing.

I too like that bumper, aesthetically at least. That said, doesn't it look as though the winch and fair-lead are low? Could be the picture, but it looks a little off to me.

So are there question marks? Sure. At least they're trying to put out unique products to meet a need where there aren't many options. Hopefully it's a sign that more companies will be following suit.

I agree completely.

OverlndRebel

Reaction score
Yeah this platform really isn’t that exciting, hopefully with the TRX more vendors will get motivated.

Flynbanjo

Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes the front bumper for RMT. I called them and asked if I could buy one. But, they don't sell parts and wouldn't say where they buy the bumpers. They did say they order them to their specifications from a manufacturer.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks like RMT builds complete vehicles and doesn't part out... which is unfortunate. They probably have an exclusive contract of some kind with whoever makes the bumper. It's looks pretty sweet,

Simann

Reaction score
New to the forum. Just bought a 2020 RMT 1500 this weekend. Pictures don't do these justice at all. (y)

Attachments

• IMG_5287.jpg
    IMG_5287.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_5288.jpg
    IMG_5288.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_5308.jpg
    IMG_5308.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_5309.jpg
    IMG_5309.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_5310.jpg
    IMG_5310.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 139

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New to the forum. Just bought a 2020 RMT 1500 this weekend. Pictures don't do these justice at all. (y)
that front bumper looks good inlike it

Attachments

• 8E8D9E6A-5857-4065-B0C1-66F358DBFADA.jpeg
    8E8D9E6A-5857-4065-B0C1-66F358DBFADA.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 90

SaltyMac

Reaction score
At first glance, the RMT bumper looks very similar to the Addictive Desert Designs bumper.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread