5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rifle Storage

K9_Bullet

Reaction score
Looking to add a storage locker to hold a rifle (or two) along with some other equipment in the back seat. Any ideas? Has anyone seen anything out there that would fit under the seat?

alow

Reaction score
I have the underseat added storage and it appears either an AR style rifle or hunting rifle would fit though I havent personally tried it. They would however be unsecured. I dont know of any specific lockers to fit the area but please keep us posted as I'd be interested as well.

For smaller stuff I do know they make a RAM Bin lock and on a recent trip in my buddys truck I do know that works well for handgun storage.

TimG

Reaction score
A friend of mine ended up doing the "Folding Rear Seat" Mod and used the behind-the-seat style rifle sling to store 3 rifles in his truck. Works really well.

TimG

Reaction score
Id love to be able to tell you 100% either way, but my truck is still a just gleam in the assembly line's eye (for over 60 days now...). But, I think the guy that is doing the stereo upgrade thread said that it does still apply.

WRH

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the Bighorn. If you don't have the base stereo you'll have a sub back there (on the left, I don't have it). If you have eTorque you'll have a battery back there (on right, again, not me). Otherwise, there is some room to work. The folding seat method may work on the passenger side. The Connector is metal all the way down, I think it was just a plastic thing you had to cut to mod the older models. At any rate, I think it has potential but I'm not going that route. I think you'd have to raise it quite a ways too if you used the "raise the seat" method.

Attachments

• 20180715_182316729_iOS.jpg
    20180715_182316729_iOS.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 446
  • 20180715_182319829_iOS.jpg
    20180715_182319829_iOS.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 436
  • 20180715_182541871_iOS.jpg
    20180715_182541871_iOS.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 431
  • 20180715_184240869_iOS.jpg
    20180715_184240869_iOS.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 422

K9_Bullet

Reaction score
The Ram Bin Lock is a great idea and I will be getting those. Unfortunately they are one of the very few accessories available for the 2019's. Quickly finding out that while it is great to be one of the first to have a newly designed vehicle the downside is that no accessories are available. I would also like to add nerf bars but can't find any for the 2019 (yet).

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Ram Bin Lock is a great idea and I will be getting those. Unfortunately they are one of the very few accessories available for the 2019's. Quickly finding out that while it is great to be one of the first to have a newly designed vehicle the downside is that no accessories are available. I would also like to add nerf bars but can't find any for the 2019 (yet).

No personal experience but I've read that these are not secure. You can bend the plastic bin doors and open them while locked on 4th gen.
I've played with 5th gen door and they seem flexible enough to bend open as well.

Reaction score
I can't find any product for rifle storage.

However the best product I've found for an in car safe is for the ram bin. Mopar offered a factory safe that goes in the center console but I think it will be targeted in a break in. I prefer the ram bin storage spot because its hidden underneath my all weather floor mats. The best ram bin safe I found is made by Deschutes Metal Works. They offer a metal drop in safe that uses the existing bolt holes. The safe is made out of 3/16ths T1 steel and has a key lock. There is no digital lock mechanism available because of reliability and size issues. I'd go with this if you're planning to store a pistol in there. Plus it should be big enough you could put a Ruger Super Redhawk with a red dot on it and have a handgun rifle. The standard ram bin easily fits my 6" Colt Trooper and could probably fit 10 of them in there.

Only thing is, the safes for the 5th gens won't be out until March. The 4th gens are $259.00 plus free shipping on eBay.

Here's a link to their site
https://deschutesmetalworks.business.site

And a few pictures from their website also IMG_8349.JPG IMG_8306.JPG

dtreadwell

Reaction score
Any update on this? Tuffy has a full storage solution now for under the back seat. Unfortunately I have a Limited with the rear reclining seats. Spoke to them today and I would loose that function if I installed this box. Otherwise looks to be a great option.

I am considering these also.

But that will not let me secure a full size rifle in the truck. Hoping someone has found a great way to do this or will soon.

daveone

Reaction score
You can check out Decked Systems. They provide an entire storage system for the bed of your truck. It offers two 4‘ deep roller drawers that you can add a lock to. Once installed, you can add the Kolpin Rhino Grips to safely and securely hold the long guns.

Users who are viewing this thread