5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Review of Installation of Lomax Tri-Fold Cover and Mopar Bed Divider

UltraMadMax

Reaction score
Today after washing my truck, I embarked on the journey of installing the Lomax Cover and the bed divider by Mopar. I decided to provide a review.

I had to install the rails for the Lomax first and they went on easily. I then needed to install the Mopar Bed Divider and found that this was much more complicated. It came with its own rails which make the current bed rail system crowded. It barely fits under the Lomax Cover but it fits. I then easily placed the Lomax cover on and it is great.

The Lomax design and build quality is top notch. I am very pleased with how easily it goes on and comes off and folds. Since it is made out of aluminum, it is strong and light.

The Mopar Divider is made out of plastic and its design is flawed. I was barely able to get it into its first locked position and am unable to move it. the release levers do not pull back far enough to release from their notches which is how it is supposed to work. This means, I am unable to move its location in the bed. The plastic seems like it will easily break. If I would have known this before purchasing it, I would have passed. I would not recommend this divider and wait for an aftermarket divider to become available. I will leave it in for now until I find something better.

Update: After much time has passed, I finally was able to get the defective divider replaced at the dealer and the new one works. I can now use it in my bed and it is better than nothing. Hopefully someone comes up with a better design that does not require additional side rails.

Last edited:

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. I’m toying with getting a tonneau cover, and these reviews are helpful.

Agitated

Reaction score
I went with the LoPro X15 cover and I’m very pleased with it. The fit is great and I particularly like the canvass type material.
I concur with your assessment of the bed divider. It’s flimsy, and the side rails are very bulky. They make it impossible to access the bed rail tie downs easily. You can also see that when it is position rearward, there is a gap on both ends which allows cargo to fly forward. The very reason to use a divider in the first place. I would not recommend. I will probably buy a bed extender and remove the bed divider.

Drillerr

Reaction score
The Mopar bed divider seems overly complicated, poorly designed and not very robust. Why isn't there a bed divider that uses the existing rails from the bed utility group? Simple, attach it to the rails and adjust it in a similar way as you do with the tie down hooks. So for now I've ordered a HitchMate Cargo Stabilizer Bar. http://www.hitchmate.com/cargo-stabilzer-bar

Mohab

Reaction score
I installed the divider last knight , it is poor quality and killed the bed, but I need it come I have babies and I need to secure to the strollers in the back, hopefully this won't break !

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm, I was thinking about ordering the cargo divider but I guess I will wait for an after market if it is this bad.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I h
Today after washing my truck, I embarked on the journey of installing the Lomax Cover and the bed divider by Mopar. I decided to provide a review.

I had to install the rails for the Lomax first and they went on easily. I then needed to install the Mopar Bed Divider and found that this was much more complicated. It came with its own rails which make the current bed rail system crowded. It barely fits under the Lomax Cover but it fits. I then easily placed the Lomax cover on and it is great.

The Lomax design and build quality is top notch. I am very pleased with how easily it goes on and comes off and folds. Since it is made out of aluminum, it is strong and light.

The Mopar Divider is made out of plastic and its design is flawed. I was barely able to get it into its first locked position and am unable to move it. the release levers do not pull back far enough to release from their notches which is how it is supposed to work. This means, I am unable to move its location in the bed. The plastic seems like it will easily break. If I would have known this before purchasing it, I would have passed. I would not recommend this divider and wait for an aftermarket divider to become available. I will leave it in for now until I find something better.

Update: After much time has passed, I finally was able to get the defective divider replaced at the dealer and the new one works. I can now use it in my bed and it is better than nothing. Hopefully someone comes up with a better design that does not require additional side rails.
I have a 2019 limited with cargo rails and Mopar sliding bed divider installed. I would like to get a hard tri fold but am concerned it won't fit with the divider rails. Did you have to do any modifications? Also, would I need to remove the bed divider and install the Lomax first then reinstall the divider? Why Ram didnt nake the divider utilize the factory cargo rails is beyond me. It's so dumb to have two sets of rails.

UltraMadMax

Reaction score
I h

I have a 2019 limited with cargo rails and Mopar sliding bed divider installed. I would like to get a hard tri fold but am concerned it won't fit with the divider rails. Did you have to do any modifications? Also, would I need to remove the bed divider and install the Lomax first then reinstall the divider? Why Ram didnt nake the divider utilize the factory cargo rails is beyond me. It's so dumb to have two sets of rails.

It will work but it is tight. I actual installed the Lomax side rails first and then the bed divider rails so you may need to take off your divider rails first but you will need to try it first and see. They both work together.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It will work but it is tight. I actual installed the Lomax side rails first and then the bed divider rails so you may need to take off your divider rails first but you will need to try it first and see. They both work together.
I assume you have the Lomax hard tri fold correct? Thanks for the info.

GeoZ

Reaction score
I’m in the same spot. Got the divider installed already, was thinking of the bakflip but the lady I called from bakflip said their tech said bakflip mx4 won’t fit with the bed divider slider. Will try the Lomax. Do u have a finished photo? Thanks.

Jmaloneydo

Reaction score
Just installed the Lomax tonneau cover this weekend on my limited and I love it. Very easy to install by myself, took less than an hour and the fit and finish is really nice. Only had it for a few days so far but I'm already pleased and it looks pretty water tight.

Attachments

• 20190119_130435.jpg
    20190119_130435.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 125

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Just ordered a Lomax from Luke to replace my Mopar soft trifold that doesn't work with the Mopar bed divider. Crazy that they were unable to make these accessories compatible with each other. I'm looking forward to being able to open and close my bed cover without doing jiu jitsu to get the latches to clear the bed divider rails. If it's still wonky I'll replace the divider with the extender.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far I have been happy with my Lomax, seems to be a better quality product then the Undercover flax I had on my last truck. The panels bowed twice and I would get a lake on top of the cover.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just installed the Lomax tonneau cover this weekend on my limited and I love it. Very easy to install by myself, took less than an hour and the fit and finish is really nice. Only had it for a few days so far but I'm already pleased and it looks pretty water tight.

Consider yourself lucky. Mine is garbage. Came with one side rail damaged, seems flimsy, after one night of light rain my bed had significant water in it. Completely useless bed cover.

Attachments

• CFDF8A83-F3E2-426A-84BA-2F563ABEE321.jpeg
    CFDF8A83-F3E2-426A-84BA-2F563ABEE321.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 9F23EBC9-D1B1-47C0-84D2-F5812A8FDE79.jpeg
    9F23EBC9-D1B1-47C0-84D2-F5812A8FDE79.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 55

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online