5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restart?

Mason1217

Reaction score
Ok, cant find it anywhere on Google or user manual. How do you restart the system? In the past you held the buttons on the 2 radio dial knobs, but, for the first time, the button on the left now actually shuts the power off instead of just muting. Never been able to actually power off the system, so now if you use the same restart technique as before, the system just shuts off even when you push both buttons in. ‍♂️

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, cant find it anywhere on Google or user manual. How do you restart the system? In the past you held the buttons on the 2 radio dial knobs, but, for the first time, the button on the left now actually shuts the power off instead of just muting. Never been able to actually power off the system, so now if you use the same restart technique as before, the system just shuts off even when you push both buttons in. ‍♂️
8.4” or 12”?

Try this thread not sure if it has a definitive answer but there are a couple things to try (found it by searching reset uconnect):
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how-to-soft-reset-12”uconnect.645/#post-14233

Mason1217

Reaction score
Oh, sorry, it's a Big Horn so only the 8.4 inch. Thanks for catching that.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The no sound issue happened to me. But then i let it sit for a few minutes while I went to get coffee and when I restarted the engine the sound came back.

mjharden

Reaction score
Anyone ever figure this out? I’ve tried every button combination, and still can’t figure out how to reset this thing!

2019_Rebel_NH

Reaction score
The reset is different on the 2019 than previous years. I've done it multiple times in trying to deal with navigation issues I have on my new truck. Steps: get in vehicle and push start button twice without putting foot on brake, hold done voice recognition button and phone button left hand side of steering wheel for 30 seconds, then turn off truck, next open car door for 30 seconds, finally closed door and start truck normally. This is supposed to be the reset. Has not worked for me but Uconnect and walk you through the process.

TimG

Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed that the process above (or something similar) does work to perform a reset? I'm going crazy chasing down why my compass wont work. Maybe a full restart of the uconnect will fix it?
On a different topic, is anyone else unable to access "dealer mode"? I try holding the 2 lower corner icons, but all it wants to do is change the icons location.

Users who are viewing this thread