5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resonator delete only?

kmck94

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has deleted just the resonators and what it sounded like? My local shop said they would do it for 80 buck but I was wondering if there was a video and/or if anyone has experience with just doing the resonators and keeping the stock muffler.
Thanks

Nlg4021

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has deleted just the resonators and what it sounded like? My local shop said they would do it for 80 buck but I was wondering if there was a video and/or if anyone has experience with just doing the resonators and keeping the stock muffler.
Thanks

FWIW I originally had this idea too but couldn't really find any good info. So I just had a 14" maganaflow welded in and plugged the resonator weep holes and I'm completely happy. Costed $150 for everything.

boltbarge

Reaction score
how did you plug the resonator weep holes? Do you have any sound clips?

boltbarge

Reaction score
Flowmaster now has a kit for resonator delete only on the new 2019 ram. I would really like to hear the factory muffler without the resonators. I imagine it would have to be a substantial improvement in the exhaust note.

srtdodge05

Reaction score
There is a few videos on youtube with the stock muffler and no resonators. It really didn't make much if any difference. I've been thinking about having it done. If it's $50 or less to have it done I'll do it.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Flowmaster now has a kit for resonator delete only on the new 2019 ram. I would really like to hear the factory muffler without the resonators. I imagine it would have to be a substantial improvement in the exhaust note.
Interesting have not seen that.

KRField

Reaction score
Resonators are designed to affect a certain frequency to eliminate drone. So deleting will not make a big difference in sound, other than getting rid of the exhaust leak sound the weep holes have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Correct. As you I’d like to hear it with stock also. Did you see a price? And which ones front, tears or both?

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, just looked it up. Must be super new. For that price I’d rather install the FX muffler first and see where that gets my liking. Though both of those items together your getting close to catback prices then. Oh these dang decisions. Lol

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Forsure. The kids will love it. But now wife. And over time, me neither. That you say that many with the MF catback seem to not have issues. Not sure on what system, I know no rear resonators.

boltbarge

Reaction score
There is a few videos on youtube with the stock muffler and no resonators. It really didn't make much if any difference. I've been thinking about having it done. If it's $50 or less to have it done I'll do it.
I haven’t been able to find any of these videos on YouTube with the stock muffler. Do you have a link?

Detzl

Reaction score
I would go with a muffler replacement instead. Resonator just eliminates drone like Smashy71 said. Flowmaster has an fx and outlaw mufflers currently available. Depending on your taste fx is quieter than the outlaw. I also seen catbacks with out resonators but I have a feeling they are substantially louder than just a muffler replacement. There are few videos on youtube with different set ups.

srtdodge05

Reaction score
I went to my local car shop and they won't do resonator deletes anymore. He said that so many people would come in and get them removed and then complain after. People would ***** because it made little to no difference at all and try to get there money back. They gave me a quote to have a flowmaster muffler installed for $300.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ good real world info. Curious on what the truck really sounded like with out them and stock muffler.
What kind of flowmaster was he quoting for that price?

srtdodge05

Reaction score
^^^ good real world info. Curious on what the truck really sounded like with out them and stock muffler.
What kind of flowmaster was he quoting for that price?
I didn't even ask once I heard the price. When I had the resonators deleted on my durango it made a nice little difference. I might try another place and see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread