5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Report: Rambox production to start ramping up

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
CP4I7204.jpg

We have good news for Rambox fans

5thGenRams has learned from one of our insiders citing an internal memo that Rambox production for the 2019 Ram 1500s will begin to ramp up starting the week of August 13th. While the Rambox was listed as a late availability option, ordering opened up for the Ramboxes in early May. Since ordering has opened up it seems as though only a few Rambox equipped trucks have been produced. Just a few days ago we speculated on supplier issues regarding the Rambox, since then Ram has told a few forum members still waiting for their Rambox equipped trucks to be built that there is a parts shortage regarding the Rambox configuration. Thanks to our source it looks like the supplier issue is very close to being dealt with if Ram has a date that they expect to be able to ramp up production. We hope that this serves as a light at the end of the tunnel for those that have been waiting patiently for a 2019 Ram with the handy bedside storage.

Stay tuned to 5thGenRams for all the latest news and information. Make sure to check out our busy forums section and we also now have the ability to track the build status of ordered trucks if that is something that you are interested in.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And with Jarod's crystal ball, my truck has moved to D1 for the 1st time ever overnight on MOTS!

MOTS is using my original D1 date of 06/01/18, but I'm excited to see some progress :)

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's almost like I know things. ;) Congrats on making it to D1, hopefully you don't sit there too long.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice hope my comes along too. Only ordered it a week ago so probably not even in the system yet;)

Kaz

Reaction score
Man I hope this is true... placed the order for the wife’s Limited with Rambox and eTorque the first day the dealership could, 5/1. Finally went D1 on 7/1... but no change since then. Hope it finally starts being built, she’s driving me bonkers

1Raider

Reaction score
Man I hope this is true... placed the order for the wife’s Limited with Rambox and eTorque the first day the dealership could, 5/1. Finally went D1 on 7/1... but no change since then. Hope it finally starts being built, she’s driving me bonkers

Kaz im in the same boat as you... I originally ordered on 5/22 and then finding about the Tow group having the funky non power folding mirrors I had to reorder on 6/7 an been stuck in D status till this day....

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK, it's finally the week of the 13th. Anyone see any significant movement yet?

If we don't see or hear anything this week, it's going to be rough. Wednesday will be 14 weeks...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine was just built (I status) on 8/9, and it's now in JB. I ordered on 5/25 and went into D1 on 6/1 (although my build sheet shows I regressed to D for a little while). I'm posting updates to my signature and the RamBox Google Sheet moving forward.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OK, it's finally the week of the 13th. Anyone see any significant movement yet?

If we don't see or hear anything this week, it's going to be rough. Wednesday will be 14 weeks...
Of course, @Edwards already knows this...he discovered mine went down the line before I did ;)

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah it seems like there is finally some movement. Hopefully everyones trucks get built soon.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My "old" truck is still not built according to MOTS

202snowman (Ram 1500 Limited CC 4x4 - Delmonico Red)
Date ordered: 05/03/2018
Current Status: D1
D1 status date: 07/12/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: TBD

1Raider

Reaction score
My "old" truck is still not built according to MOTS

202snowman (Ram 1500 Limited CC 4x4 - Delmonico Red)
Date ordered: 05/03/2018
Current Status: D1
D1 status date: 07/12/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: TBD

Mine was built and sent to the holding lot according to my dealer.. My re ordered truck has been in D status since 6/7.. Hopefully RAM will expedite some old orders soon!
If not I may throw in the towel and find a truck as close to my order as I can and go with that.

Users who are viewing this thread