5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing stock with stock?

peeceejay

Reaction score
I have the 22" night edition rims. 1300 miles and i already have a scuff on them, and being in New England I'm not sure these tires will be the best choice for winter around here.

I'd like to swap them out for something else - to keep the night edition look, I was thinking the Rebel wheels and whatever stock tires. I don't want to have to modify / lift the truck, and I would like it to ride perfectly fine at all heights with the air suspension.

Can I buy Rebel wheels new? I'm looking locally, but not finding many used ones. Are there any good aftermarket alternatives I should look at?

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should be able to mount these with no problems.

I did not have any issues with rubbing when I swapped out to Rebel Wheel and tires with the stock height suspension.

peeceejay

Reaction score
You should be able to mount these with no problems.

I did not have any issues with rubbing when I swapped out to Rebel Wheel and tires with the stock height suspension.

Thanks. That link led me to these, which look to be the same black Rebel wheels but with more aggressive rubber on them. Will these be bolt on, no rub at any ride height fitment on my Laramie with air suspension?

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. That link led me to these, which look to be the same black Rebel wheels but with more aggressive rubber on them. Will these be bolt on, no rub at any ride height fitment on my Laramie with air suspension?

You should not have any problems mounting those wheel & tires.

peeceejay

Reaction score
That shipping cost is insane. You could probably buy brand new aftermarket wheels and A/T tires with free shipping for less.

I know so little about tires / wheels (first truck, first time I'm shopping for wheel and tires for any vehicle) that I'm not particularly confident in doing that.

Ideally, I'd love some AT tires for my existing wheels, but I have no idea how to know if something would fit or not. Second to that, some AT tires and black Rebel wheels seems logical.

Users who are viewing this thread